Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i started noticing that i was breaking out again early this year. i was clear for awhile with maybe a few occasional zits here and there.. nothing out of the ordinary. but then i saw that i was getting more than a few zits on my cheeks and i decided to find something to clear that up. first i went to get facial and i started asking the esthetician what i could do to help my acne and shallow indentations. she told me about the obagi blue peel...so then i did some research on it and found a place in my area that does the peel. i went in for a consulation and they told me that i had to go on the obagi nuderm for atleast 6 weeks before the peel. so i bought the stuff and started using the products. it was definitely hell for me. i was red, dry, and flaky. it was a horrible experience. and on top of that i underwent the initial breakout. this caused more scars and then later on i started noticing more shallow depressions where i didnt even have acne!!!! my ride side of my face was pretty good.. and now i have like 6 new scars that i believe was caused by the nuderm system...i cant believe i used this crap on my face... has anyone noticed this same thing??? i think it was the tretinoin/blender that made my face sensitive to scarring... what gives?

I did the whole Obagi regimen including the Blue Peel. I never had any problems with the products, probably since my face has had to put up with so much other [email protected] that I've put on it. But the peel was excrutiating! Just about any pain would have been worth it if it worked, but there was little, if any improvement. Plus for two weeks you look like a freak, your face itches like crazy, and you have to keep yourself from peeling away the loose stuff coming off your face (which for me was nearly impossible). The Dr. said I would probably need 4 peels to see any difference. No way in hell I was going to go through that 3 additional times.