Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sephora28

Toning down pink tones in foundation

My beloved colorstay (in ivory, all other shades are MUCH too dark for me, even just the next two up the list) is tad too pink. It is not that noticeable once my powder is on BUT I was wondering if I added some Lumene doublestay to it if it would add the white/beige tones I need. I have tried mixing yellow based foundations with it and it always comes out orange. A straight beige tone wouldn't do that, would it? The Lumene is very beige with no yellow or pink at all.

Yeah, a neutral will probably work to tone down pink. I have olive skin & I usually wear neutral foundations cuz warm ones are too orange & cool are too pink. Green is the opposite of red also (or pink, which is light red), but even neutrals that aren't olive, but "earthy", should help neutralize any dominant tone (hence the word "neutral", haha).

So I'd say give it a shot.

You could try using a green colour corrector underneath? I use rimmels green one mainly because I have olivy skin almost green in the winter and nothing it olivy enough for me. In the summer it stops my tan skin from looking too pink.