Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a cyst on my chin that formed roughly a week ago. I have been icing it everyday and taking ibuprofen for it and the pain has subsided fianlly but it is still very red. And I mean VERY red, not to mention large. Does anyone know of a way to help the redness? It wouldn't be so bothersome if it wasn't so damn noticeable. I've got a graduation ceramony to go to today and I thought it would have gotten somewhat smaller by today but alas it hasn't. Any help is appreciated.

aspirin paste takes the inflammation and therefore redness out of cysts. Make a paste with a coupla crushed aspirin and water and apply it to the cyst, leave it on every night until it subsides. Add honey to heal the skin and for its antibacterial properties (could also use TTO but I find that while it does help to bring it down it messes with the skin around the area making it harder to conceal etc.)

This always works for me but am sure other people will have completely different solutions! Good luck!

Also do you think hydrocortisone would be better or the aspirin paste. I put aspirin paste on it for about 6 hours today and it looks exactly the same. Thanks!

Also do you think hydrocortisone would be better or the aspirin paste. I put aspirin paste on it for about 6 hours today and it looks exactly the same. Thanks!

Hey thanks a lot aislingbambi. I am going to try the hydrocortisone under the aspirin paste tonight. Do you think the dip method would be good or bad regarding this cyst? Keep in mind I don't want it to come to a head.

Hey thanks a lot aislingbambi. I am going to try the hydrocortisone under the aspirin paste tonight. Do you think the dip method would be good or bad regarding this cyst? Keep in mind I don't want it to come to a head.