Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
photofinnish

Oily Food and Acne

IF one day I suddenly ate a whole bag of chips or ate too many fries, am I more likely too break out? I know oil on your face gets you pimples but what about if you are eating the oil?

IF one day I suddenly ate a whole bag of chips or ate too many fries, am I more likely too break out? I know oil on your face gets you pimples but what about if you are eating the oil?

I believe any question on food involving you breaking out, is very subjective. Your going to get 10 people probably who will tell you, not to eat oily foods, junk foods..because it broke THEM out. Your also going to get probably 10 more people who will say it never will break you out cause it didn't break THEM out.

I can't answer your question, only you can, eat the bag and see for yourself :D Junk food isn't good for you acne or no acne so I think for any purpose just don't touch it lol

BTW I'm listening to Evanescene now I saw your name hahaha

I am not sure that they do immediately. Like, if you ate a bag of chips today, I doubt that the pimples that arise tomorrow morning are from the chips. But it might make your body less healthy over time, and in the long run make your acne worse.

^true that.. i couldnt agree more.. its not the food.. its you.. if you're prone to acne.. oily foods affects it.. not necessarily directly but it affects your overall health..

it's the omega 6 fatty acids, leading to increased inflammation and oil production

chips, cookies, etc. are loaded with various cooking oils, all of which are high in pro-inflammatory omega 6

it's the omega 6 fatty acids, leading to increased inflammation and oil production

chips, cookies, etc. are loaded with various cooking oils, all of which are high in pro-inflammatory omega 6

I actually never have break-outs, I only get one or two pimples occasionally.

I'm Indian so I eat alot of oily and spicy foods, it doesn't effect my acne when it's homecooking but when i eat in an indian restaurant i usually get a pimple the next day.

Oh and Necromancer, since you can "raise the dead" I guess you know everything. :rolleyes:

I'm Indian so I eat alot of oily and spicy foods, it doesn't effect my acne when it's homecooking but when i eat in an indian restaurant i usually get a pimple the next day.

Oh and Necromancer, since you can "raise the dead" I guess you know everything. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about our diet, the family gatherings are the worst. Are you guju?