Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miketomass

Always thinking on acne might be harmful

Don´t you think the fact that many people here, who almost "live" in this forum , not all of course, can be delaying being cured of acne, because they are always thinking on acne? Many users here spend all the day almost thinking on acne and more acne... I believe that the more you think something the more you will attract it.

Go out of this forum and go for a walk, make new friends, you are not making any friends here, you are not having professional advice on acne, you are just loosing time.

Look at the person you are trusting, Dan might be an honest well intentioned guy, but the guy still has acne! At 34! Do you want to become like him when you get his age? Aside his genetics, his obssesion on acne might be keeping his acne!

Placebo effects are real! Science just don´t know to what extent. What you think is almost as important as what you do!

I won´t post here anymore. Stay well folks, and good luck!

Don´t you think the fact that many people here, who almost "live" in this forum , not all of course, can be delaying being cured of acne, because they are always thinking on acne? Many users here spend all the day almost thinking on acne and more acne... I believe that the more you think something the more you will attract it.

Go out of this forum and go for a walk, make new friends, you are not making any friends here, you are not having professional advice on acne, you are just loosing time.

Look at the person you are trusting, Dan might be an honest well intentioned guy, but the guy still has acne! At 34! Do you want to become like him when you get his age? Aside his genetics, his obssesion on acne might be keeping his acne!

Placebo effects are real! Science just don´t know to what extent. What you think is almost as important as what you do!

First... I had another nicks on this forum.

"Aside his genetics, his obssesion on acne might be keeping his acne! "

I told that genetics have an important role obviously, no one told that his obssesion was the cause, at least not by itself.

"And I am well aware of the placebo effect (being a professional researcher)- and this is not a good example of how that actually works. "

And I never told that a placebo= obsession, I mentioned placebos to give another example how mind can affect the cure of diseases. It´s not difficult to figure it out. I guess...

Also, You are absolutely right that some people here are obsessed with acne, I've seen it.

you won't make a persistent health problem go away by ignoring it

and tell the rest of the society to not be so superficial, unfortunately they won't agree with you

No, he just pulled his excerpt from the movie 'The Secret'.

It states that one will essentially 'attract' all that is bad if he or she denies it (not, won't, couldn't, anti, hate, etc).

I do believe in mind over matter, but for some people it will not work because of their dependency on the system; ergo, their certain affinity for his/her one sighted view on what treats themselves.

I think worrying about acne all the time probably does contribute.

Yep... there are some diseases that are psicossomatic. Who cares what SheporaIDIOT says, he is a homo.

I don't think worrying about your acne or thinking about your acne will cause more acne. I don't think acne is really a psychosomatic disorder. I suppose the extra stress could contribute to more acne, I don't think that's really a factor though. I do feel that obsessing about your acne when you have acne is not healthy. Your acne is there, accept it, try to treat it, and deal with it. Obsessing with it will not make it go away faster nor will it make you feel any better.

Hi miketomass,

Very interesting post you've got there. I do agree with you that our thoughts do manifest in our reality and its not good to obssess about acne . However being an ex acne-sufferer myself, I know that its very difficult, if not imporssible to not think about it 24/7. My opinion is that people should indeed spend time reseraching on the topic, get professional help and and get on a regime/medication that they've researched on to be promising. Do track the results as time goes and allow the medication sufficient time to work. Accutane worked magically for me but real results did not show only after several months into it.

Best,

Sherry

I think worrying about acne all the time probably does contribute.

Yep... there are some diseases that are psicossomatic. Who cares what SheporaIDIOT says, he is a homo.