Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
i-have-a-question

Lip gloss causing break out?

Does anyone find that lip gloss causes them to break out around their mouths? I've been using lip gloss for the first time in ages, and I've noticed that I've broken out a little above my top lip (right under my nose). Could these two things be connected? It's a Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss and I wonder if the oil or whatever they put in lip gloss to make it greasy feeling is having a bad effect. Can anyone recommend a lip gloss/balm/stick that won't do this?

Thanks,

Helen

hmm, i have used lipgloss [like a bilion times a day] for the past 4 years and i was just thinking about this recently.. i think thats the reason for my acne..

hmm, i have used lipgloss [like a bilion times a day] for the past 4 years and i was just thinking about this recently.. i think thats the reason for my acne..

Do you have a lot of acne around your mouth? I'm not completely convinced it is my lip gloss as I've only broken out above my top lip, rather than all around my mouth. It's just that the whiteheads I did get are really close to the edge of my lip, and possibly suffered from some 'lip gloss fall out' when I was wearing it.

how are you applying it? Because if you do break out around your lips anyway it could be that putting the lip gloss straight onto your lips its caught some bacteria on the tube or brush thing? just a possiblilty

I don't have alot of acne at all. Just maybe 4 whiteheads at any given time around my chin. And usually a small one avobe my lip. I've just noticed with certain brands that i get more whiteheads.

I always have this problem with lip gloss too!!! I'll get these tiny zits that never fully surface...they're like itty-bitty clogged pores right on my lipline. I hate it cuz I want to wear lip gloss more often, it's so pretty. But, I usually just stick with lipstick and wear lipgloss on special occasions. :confused:

Also, lipgloss seems so much more work to keep looking nice throughout the day. It's hella messy!

Looks like I'll be chucking out my lip gloss then. :boohoo: I've not worn any for a few days, and it's all clearing up around my mouth. I've tried a couple of brands as well, so I guess I won't be wearing it for the summer. And both tubes that I bought were only purchased in the last few weeks, so I doubt it's a bacteria thing.

Darn it! Acne sucks! Maybe I should try red food dye to get that 'au natural' look :lol: Don't know what else to use!

Thanks for your input everyone.

I have had really good luck with Eucerin cream and Chapstick brand chapstick :shrug: I use the Eucerin at night since it does show up white for a few minutes :lol: