Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reber187

Clay/Mud masks

not so much on here about clay/mud masks and im looking to purchase something effective to combat sebum plugs.

can you please recommend if you use a brand mask in your routine, and give a brief description of what it does for you?

thx

hi reber,

i use two brands of masks and i apply a mask twice a week. i have read that masks actually dont do a great deal for your skin it just feels good, so im not sure how effective they really are.

i use garnier self warming sauna mask - which is probably packed with crap ingredents for my skin, but it warms up by itself and apparently reduces oil and unblocks pores. Cant say i have noticed that is does either thing but most importantly i brought it, it dosent break me out and i like to relax with a hair and face mask a few times a week so i will probably keep using it.

I also received samples of paulas choice carbon masks last friday and i tried one saturday night. This mask looks like dirt on your face and is not as "masky" as some others i.e isnt a thick clay type product. People have reported that it stings for them but it was fine on me. I actually felt that this mask does help absorb some oil and my skin felt really fresh afterwards. So i think i will purchase a full size one of that because i like her products and felt that that mask had the most benefits. if you are looking to try some masks paulas chioce have a few and you can get samples for about 2-3 dollars to see if you like them.

I am a big fan of Gunilla of Sweden Lerosett.

www.gunillaofsweden.com

All it is, is Rhassoul Clay and distilled water, but something about it is very anti-inflammatory and absorbant.

Works for all sorts of stuff, too:bug bites, zits, hives, blackheads, and especially ingrown hair. It's especially great for people that are using irritating products, accutane, or who have sensitive skin.

hi, i use mudd original clay mask. i saw it on a beauty page as a recommendation for plugs and blackheads and i find my skin looks instantly better because the clay just soaks up all the oil. if you leave it on a bit longer (i.e til it goes hard) and work it off with a flannel, it does really very well. it shirnks some of my pores a bit because it sucks all the crap out and cleans very well the pores on my nose. it only cost about 95p for a mask and i think its very good. i use it before i go out or something because it doesnt really leave your skin red for long and it doesnt cause breakouts on me. give it a go! x

I'm actually awaiting an order of Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay (basically bentonite clay). This stuff is supposed to be great for unclogging pores and whatnot.

I like Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask. It feels so wonderful on. The skin feels great when the mask dries, and even better once you rinse off the clay.

I'm actually awaiting an order of Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay (basically bentonite clay). This stuff is supposed to be great for unclogging pores and whatnot.

neutrogena mask/cleanser leave on for half hour works well wish they still made the dense clay mask hard to believe thats all i once used twice a day had perfect skin. :boohoo:

I , too, loved the carbon mask from Paula's Choice. It doesn't make my skin dry, and instead makes my skin feel nice and soft. I highly recommend it ^_^

Aztec Secret Healing Clay is good, but I prefer Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask over it. It's hard to get the mix to a smooth consistency with whatever you use to mix it, so that can get annoying. Aztec is too messy for me and you have to mix a batch everytime...it's very good, performance wise better than Queen Helene but not so much that I'd use it instead.

Has anyone here tried Borghese fango active mud for face and body?

I had a HUGE jar of it when I was in middle school when I first started getting breakouts, and I remember before every dance I would apply this mask the night before and it would literally suck the sebum out of my face. after one application I remember my blackheads, inflamed pimples being either significantly reduced or completely obliterated. I remember my face glowing , and the texture was so smooth, my face felt plump.

I am thinking about buying this again soon-since I think I would benefit from it most now.

I loved it while I had it, but when I ran out I had no income to repurchase and I simply forgot about it. Has anyone tried it?

I am a big fan of Gunilla of Sweden Lerosett.

www.gunillaofsweden.com

All it is, is Rhassoul Clay and distilled water, but something about it is very anti-inflammatory and absorbant.

Works for all sorts of stuff, too:bug bites, zits, hives, blackheads, and especially ingrown hair. It's especially great for people that are using irritating products, accutane, or who have sensitive skin.

YES...just started using it and LOVE it. Highly effective in reducing pimples and redness...it's a brilliant product. I'm a liitle sad it took 13 years of devastation to find it. They've been around forever but don't spend money marketing the product in the US.

def queen helene mint julep mask. it works great and it has no ingredients that are listed the comedogenic charts which is awesome. another one i like is burt's bee pore refining mask, which comes in powder form so that it is the most potent whenever uou use it. the best part is you could add honey and lemon juice to it instead of water, making the mask much more effective. i also have gm collin's puractive clay mask, 100% organic materials. a bit pricey but it works great and smells good too!

I am using a body shop tea tree oil mask, with some extra drops of fresh tea tree oil, asprin, ibpurofen (nurofen), a bit of yoghurt and honey. Also 5 drops of a home-made mixture of benzoyl, potassium nitrate, sulfur, eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil, and asprin.

I'll tell you how it goes. Next I plan on trying the tea tree mask with some ground down potassium nitrate (KN03 or saltpeter) and asprin and thats it, maybe some eucalyptus oil etc.

The sulfur dries it, the tea tree battles the fungals, the potassium nitrate basically oxygenates, so does exactly the same as benzoyl, and yeah.. Eucalyptus oil is very very harsh on skin but 10X more effective than tea tree so I add a tiny drop or two of that.

I'll tell ya how I go with my mask adventures :P

I am 28 and I've tried loads of products for my acen including 3 courses of accutane which cleared it up brilliantly each time but it always came back. I've also spent years on the Pill but it didn't clear my skin. Recently, as a last resort, I've been investigating non-prescription remedies, and 10 days ago I used MUDD original clay mask, followed by a few drops of jojoba to moisturise. Before I started this regimen, my skin was horrific: my husband was shocked by the state of it and I was feeling realy self-conscious. I even started researching expensive laser treatments.

I have used the MUDD mask in the past but using it more than two days in a row would dry my skin. However, with the addition of the drops of jojoba oil, I can now use it daily. The mask unblocks my pores and sucks out the oil, and the jojoba oil replaces the moisture without making it oily (even though it feels a little oily when I first apply the jojoba). My skin is now almost clear and incredibly soft. My husband is over the moon (as am I!) and insists I repeat the regimen every evening, even when I complain I'm too tired to wait 20 minutes for my mask to dry, because it's so effective. I wish I'd discovered this solution 15 years ago!! The only worry is that MUDD might stop producing their masks in future, so I might research some other clay masks too, to put my mind at rest!

I'll give another vote for the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. Not only does it help to draw all the crap outta your skin, and to make it smooth and soft, but it's very relaxing, too. Some people report that it stings a little at first, but I've never had that problem. Been using it for almost a decade (and I'm only 18!). Love, love love. :)

Yeah mudpacks are nyc. :)

since the day i am using mudpacks..there r no more pimples with yellow puss or a severe breakout like a big pimple. ;)

I Use it once Every day. :)

i am left with only blackheads..and a dew scars and pimple marks.. :)

hope my Skin helps soon.

Remember Never Overwash ur face it can cause problems.. :) :naughty: