Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using the UK forum for a few months now, but I don't know too much about everyone else who use it too. In the interests of being neighbourly and friendly (and the fact that it's a slooooooow Sunday afternoon) I thought I would ask about everyone using the UK forum. So here's some information about me, let's get to know each other better.

Time with acne: About 12 years

Best thing you've found for acne: Omega 3

Job/studying: Work in Science Communication, after spending too much time at University! Studying part-time too: am a sucker for learning!

Hobbies: Photography, graphic design, too much time on Acne.org, too much time email people, swimming, walking, messing about with the dog, spending time with friends.

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like: Contemplative

Random piece of information that no one on acne.org would know about you: Despite being a born and bred Geordie, I have the strongest Scottish accent you've ever heard. But you sorta don't pick that up from my typing ;)

So, who are you?!

Helen

Hey...ill do one too :)

Time with acne: 4/5 years :(

Best thing you've found for acne: Differin Gel and Aspirin Masks

Job/studying: Sales in a garden centre, i study chemistry/biology/maths/critical thinking at A2-level

Hobbies: Football, squash, swimming, running ect

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like): Incredulous

Random piece of information that no one on acne.org would know about you: Im ambidextrous (can write with both hands perfectly)

Stephen x

Time with acne: 3 years

Best thing you've found for acne: murad coplex so far

Job/studying: Just finished high school literally, now doin my gcse's

Hobbies: Skateboarding, snooker

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like: Complicated

Random piece of information that no one on acne.org would know about you: Im quite young

That's a handy trait! I find that really strange! At least if you had an arm amputated, you'd be able to write................... :shifty:

I know this will make me sound really old, but what's critical thinking? Sounds like you've had part of your brain removed so you don't have to deal with frivolous things, like making sure you have clean socks for the next day!

Helen

if u have any questions id be glad to help as im one of the few uk mods

(pm me tho because i dont always check forum constantly like)

anyways im 21 from London

i work for a bluechip company in their headoffice as a distribution planner.

im clear of acne really now apart from occasional pimple (i grew out of it)

but when i suffered i used the DKR as i found it did control my acne but didnt resolve it for me totally unfortunately as i had sensitive skin so it caused my face to be very irritated.

but out of everything i tried, i found the DKR to work best (the dip regimen is pretty good too tho)

anyways theres my info i guess (bit vague i know)

hehe

much love to the UK boys an girls!

Time with acne: About 10 years

Best thing you've found for acne: Accutane!!

Job/studying: Work in manufacturing, thinking of joining the RAF and really want to study something to help me with a long term career but i havent a clue what yet. Turned down uni the last 2 years casue i think im too ol for it :)

Hobbies: DJ'ing, Football, Sleeping, Going out with mates - sleeping off hangovers... and the net ;)

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like: Unreliable :(

So, who are you?! - Michael

and im a mackem (yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) with a geordie accent as i grew up in washington :)

Hey everyone!! Great Topic...be a good way of introducing ourselves.

Age23

Time with acne: moderate from 17-20(roaccutane helped) so far its not too bad but it still annoys me.

Best thing you've found for acne: Omega 3 Fish oil, Diet, Reduce stress.

Job/studying: Work at a pub called varsity! Want to study psychology, human biology

Hobbies: Sleeping, Video games, The net...addicted to the org now lol...Drinking,clubbing

One word to describe you: laid back...thats what everyone says but I dont feel that way haha

Random piece of information that no one on acne.org would know about you: I have a fairly strong aussie accent still lol...moved here from Oz 2 an a half years ago.

Time with acne: 11 years, but I've had around a total of just over 3 years worth of clear skin during that time.

Best thing you've found for acne: Differin Gel with Duac Gel.

Job/studying: Boring office / Currently turning my hand to some writing, which I am enjoying.

Hobbies: Music, Going out, Films - so cliched, but true!

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like): Odd

Random piece of information that no one on acne.org would know about you: I'm wearing no pants right now!

time with acne: about 5 years altogether, but only the last 2 years have bothered me

Best thing you have found for Acne: i really dont know yet

Job: Shop assisstant was recently in college though. havent got a clue what i ant to do yet...

Hobbies: Interweb, Movies, and loads and loads of music. Also play Football and badminton a lot

one word to describe you: INSANE!!!

random info: i smell pie!! :dance:

Time with acne: 13 years

Best thing you've found for acne: accutane

Job/studying: Designer

Time with acne: Mild for 10 years, Cystic for the last 2 months

Best thing you've found for acne: Nothing yet :(

Job/studying: Customer Advisor and receptionist at a gym (i am very ambitious)

Hobbies: Drinking, Partying.........and that's about it

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like: unique

Random piece of information that no one on acne.org would know about you: I am pretty much scared of everything. Clowns, dolls, puppets, sharks, the sea, flying, heights, spiders and all creepy crawlies, veins, feet, trains, small spaces.....the list is endless :) You name it, i have a phobia of it and will run a mile.

Hi all....

Time with acne: About a year

Best thing you've found for acne: Nothing as yet.. :( just about to go a month without make up though (big challenge for me!) see what happens...? Its not too bad most of the time but i get regular breakouts which leave scars :(

Job/studying: employed ;-)

Hobbies: PC, going out eating and drinking, gym (rarely!) travel

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like: dizzy!

Random piece of information that no one on acne.org would know about you: i hate seafood. apart from fish fingers and battered cod/fishcake from specific chippies!

nice to meet you lovely peoples

Spotarella

Time with acne: 3 years

Best thing you've found for acne: DKR

Job/studying: School, ugh

Hobbies: Partying, then sleeping

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like: Mostly cheery

Random piece of information that no one on acne.org would know about you: I hate seafood too!

Time with acne: 1 year

Best thing you've found for acne: time

Job/studying: school

Hobbies: Drinking, Partying, football, all sports realy

One word to describe you: mood swings allot

Time with acne: About 10 years

Best thing you've found for acne: Will Let U Know wen i get rid of it lol

Job/studying: Just Graduated with a 2:1 Masters of Chemistry and applying for PhD positions

Hobbies: Running, football, American football, weight training, spending time with friends drinking.

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like: JOKER

Time with acne: About 4 years

Best thing you've found for acne: can't remember its name :P typical!

it was a few years ago, a combination of Australlian tea tree face wash and Zynert (something like that) in which ig ot from my GP.

Job/studying: Just finished my 6th year at High School and currently about to attent Glasgow University to Study Geography, Environmental Science and Chemistry. I also work part time (weekends and during the week now im on holiday) in a music shop :D

Hobbies: Football, playing and watching. Listening to music and playing guitar. Playing the xbox 360 occasionaly and seeing my pals - going out to the pub.

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like

Teddybear.......football related, haha

Im the only Scot?? come on! lol

Well im a pretty laid back guy - i think so anyway. Always up for a laugh and the like. Love my music - dunno what i'd be without it but at the moment im kinda fixated about my skin problems! Just started Roaccutane so im hoping that'l put my mind to rest! fingers crossed!

Time with acne: Approx 5 years

Best thing you've found for acne: Leaving it alone (so hard to do!)

Job/studying: Currently unemployed

Hobbies: Playing tennis, ice skating, bowling, going to the cinema and just generally hanging out with friends!

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like): Hyperactive, lol

:)

Time with acne: 10 years

Best thing you've found for acne: Duac & Avoid products containing Isopropyl Mystrate and Isopropyl Palmitate

Job/studying: Local Goverment

Hobbies: Travelling, Films and Music

One word to describe you (and it can't be spotty, acne prone, shiny or the like):

Impatient