Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
krislee

wisdom teeth taken out during accutane ?

I have just started Accutane about a week ago and I am almost done with my first 10-pack. I was wondering if it was safe to get my wisdom teeth taken out. My dentist said I should get them out ASAP. I am reading that you shouldn't do any procedures on the skin laser\peels etc but I do not see anywhere about things that are not cosmetic. Please help me !

Nope, you shouldn't do it. The horror stories of people that have gotten procedures done (due to them being an emergency) are not worth it...

If you tell your dentist you are on it I doubt they would allow you to get them removed unless of an emergency

You should definitely talk to your derm and dentist first to know the options you have. It's probably not a wise choice if you can wait after your accutane course. However, I did had laser surgery for my right eye on my previous course b/c I had to get it done at that time. My right eye healed up nicely afterward so I hope the same will be for you :).

Talk to both your derm and dentist about it, I’m sure if it’s an emergency and has to be done you could reach some sort of agreement like stopping with Accutane for a little while.

I had it done whilst on 'tane and it was ok. I did get 'dry socket' in one of them which hurt like a fucker but I think that was due to me drinking pretty soon after.