Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Aargh this is horrible, I'm still breaking out after giving up almost all foods I love :cry:

Diet:

No dairy

No salt

No sugar (Have to take this very strict..)

Potatoes max twice a week

Two slices of bread a day (wholeweat)

Tons of rice (brown)

A lot of protein

Gallon of water per day

Liter of green tea per day

Lot of good fats (salmon,mackerel,sardines etc)

No nuts

No pork

No sauses

Green tea extract

Fish oil caps

What the hell is breaking me out :( It's not like it isn't hard enough to give up all the foods you love but to get this as a result ..

Aargh this is horrible, I'm still breaking out after giving up almost all foods I love :cry:

Diet:

No dairy

No salt

Tons of rice (brown)

A lot of protein

Gallon of water per day

No nuts

No pork

No sauses

Green tea extract

Fish oil caps

What the hell is breaking me out :( It's not like it isn't hard enough to give up all the foods you love but to get this as a result ..

Guest T-Virus

I highly doubt the green tea or the fish oil would be breaking you out. So yeah I would cut out the bread and go easy on the rice.

"Tons of rice (brown)"

there's your reason

try to avoid all grains at least after lunch including dinner

and i think singhster made a typo, you will get mostly carbs from brown rice not protein, acne sufferers should increase their protein intake and decrease their carb intake while also decreasing their omega 6 intake

Here's my opinion. I'm not a qualified nutritonist, so take what I say with a grain of salt (no pun intended) but I thought I would give you my two cents.

DIET:

No dairy - GOOD. You don't need it, and it's bad for you.

No salt - MAYBE; a little salt in moderation is okay if you get the uniodized version. It's not the salt that breaks you out; it's the iodine. Use sea salt instead, without iodize, and as long as you drink water you'll be fine :)

No sugar - It sucks, I know, but it does indeed make acne worse.

Potatoes max twice a week - GOOD. Try eating small portions of sweet potatoes; they are digested more slowly and contain Vitamin A.

Two slices of bread a day - NOT GOOD. Try eliminating all gluten-grains. You will see a difference in you skin.

Tons of rice (brown) - MAYBE. Rice is theoretically hypoallergenic and doesn't seem to make me break out, but it's also addictive because it spikes your blood sugar. Once you stop eating it sometimes, it's like you can't stop. So try to keep it to a 1/2 cup serving and it will probably do you more good than harm.

A lot of protein - MAYBE. What is "a lot"? 75-100 grams a day? Too much protein strains your digestive system and is bad for you kidneys. If you are sedentary you should probably eat less.

Remember that protein is not what keeps people from getting cancer; antioxidants are. So you shouldn't even think about protein and instead just try to eat as many fruits and leafy green vegetables as you can.

Gallon of water per day - GOOD

Liter of green tea per day - GOOD

Lot of good fats (salmon,mackerel,sardines etc) - MAYBE; be careful not too eat too much fish, especially mackerel which is rather high in mercury, since it will accumulate in your body over time and be really bad for you. If you are trying to eat good fats (which you should) you should eat flax oil and ground flax seed instead, which will be cheaper too, and better for the environment.

No nuts - WHY? Nuts are good for you! You don't want to binge on them, if you are talking about protein and good fats, they are the best source. Don't be afraid of nuts. Nuts are your friend.

No pork - GOOD; pork is the dirtiest meat

No sauses - MAYBE, but WHY? If you mean Heinz's ketchup or anything containing sugar that's probably a good thing, but it doesn't mean all of your meals have to be bland. Quality mustard and hummus are good for you and can add a lot to a meal....

I noticed you don't even mention fruit or vegetables other than the potatoes. You should eat MINIMUM FIVE SERVINGS A DAY, although twice that much would probably be best for you. the more fruit and vegetables you eat, the healthier you will be, period, and the less you will worry about everything else you can't eat.

DONT eat bread 2x a day, eat bread 2x a WEEK! Give up rice, too much protein causes acne, so cut that down big time! I dont know about green tea, but i stay away from tea full stop, and i dont take any vitamins or oils, i havent ever taken them, so i dont know if they do good or harm, but i dont take them. Do them minor adjustments you should be okay,. What topials do you use?

Add salt immediatly, preferrably kosher or celtic. Sodium deficiency leads to low stomach acid. This is especially important as you seem to be drinking a lot of liquids per day. Swtich from the deadly nightshade potato to the morning glory sweet potato. Cut out bread, gluten is never good. Tons of rice = tons of carbhydrates, which is broken down into sugar. Protein is ok, but don't get it from raw soy sources, only fermented (un-fermented soy is almost toxic. In Asia, soy was traditional eaten almost always fermented as miso or tamari, with only a small amount eaten as tofu cubes). Animal protein is good. : -)

http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=all#a158

Check out the link above, and read. : -) I think it will help you.

Diet:

No dairy -- Why? Clearly taking it out didn't help. Dairy based proteins are by far the best.

No salt -- Where are you getting your iodine from?

No sugar (Have to take this very strict..) -- I'm assuming this means all sweetners. Because cane sugar is actually one of the healthier sweetners.

Potatoes max twice a week -- What do you consume the potatoes with?

Two slices of bread a day (wholeweat) --Potential gluten allergy?

Tons of rice (brown) -- Is still high on the insulin index.

A lot of protein -- What kind of protein. Ignore the "too much protein causes acne" comment, unless there's some actual science about it.

Gallon of water per day -- Drink when you feel like it. Don't chug on gallons of water to meet some sort of crazy quota.

Liter of green tea per day -- Where are your salts coming from? All of these liquids without salts is a health hazard? Terri Shaivo became famous because of this.

No nuts -- Why?

No pork -- Why?

No sauses -- Why? Tomato sauce without sweetners is hundreds of times healthier than raw tomatoes because the Lycopene is actually absorbable.

Green tea extract

Fish oil caps

some other comments:

1. Green tea can inhibit mineral absorption, and I'm not seeing enough minerals in your diet to begin with.

2. With your provided list of foods, you seem high at risk of iron deficiency, iodine deficiency, and consequently anemia and hypothyroid.

3. You're forgetting that genetics and environment play a huge factor that you cannot control. Diet cannot cure everything.

4. You didn't give us any physical activity. Exercise plays a huge role in insulin sensitivity and overall health.

he shouldn't think about eating protein ? what the hell is his body going to feed on then for energy ? antioxidants, fiber and water ?

protein is the best damn thing he could do for himself, cut way back on all carbs

nuts/seeds/cooking oils are not your friend, high omega 6

pork is not your friend, high omega 6 and sat fat

beef is not your friend, high omega 6 and sat fat, even for lean cuts

get protein up

get carbs down

get omega 3 up (fish or supplements)

get omega 6 down

get rid of all sweeteners

people can't just keep blurting out "eat more fruits and vegetables, don't worry about anything else" because in the end most of them are 80%+ water and your body won't derive energy to keep you going from water

fruits and vegetables are great additions to a meal or as a good portion of a meal but they will never be a substitute for a meal unless you want to be thin and weak

The last thing you want to to be avoiding foods which you may be able to potentially eat. So first thing make sure that everything you have eliminated from your diet has a negative effect on your skin.

As far as sugars go, i think sometimes all sugars get heaped into the negative basket.

All carbs get turned into sugars. For this reason eating a Bowl of rice can for some people be just as negative as eating a sugary lolly of the same glycemic values.

The body generally functions very well off carbs, and its very beneficial to have them in your diet, for me i cant eat any grains, so try to incorporate alot of low gl/gi fruits (Dried are the best for energy because unlike fresh fruit dried are high in calories, high in carbs minus the water content which fills you up, you still have to eat some fresh fruit though). vegetables, sweet potato gets into the medium gi range, however i've never come across someone who has a problem with it, especially if you eat it with some protein.

But basically if you acne is disappearing, and your diet is giving you all your daily requirements then all is good. I think a big thing to remember is that acne is something nobody wants to have, but you dont want to sacrifice good health to get there, so just make sure your getting all your daily nutrient needs.

Diet:

No dairy

No salt

Tons of rice (brown)

A lot of protein

Gallon of water per day

No nuts

No pork

No sauses

Green tea extract

Fish oil caps

DONT eat bread 2x a day, eat bread 2x a WEEK! Give up rice, too much protein causes acne, so cut that down big time! I dont know about green tea, but i stay away from tea full stop, and i dont take any vitamins or oils, i havent ever taken them, so i dont know if they do good or harm, but i dont take them. Do them minor adjustments you should be okay,. What topials do you use?

Diet:

No dairy

No salt

Tons of rice (brown)

A lot of protein

Gallon of water per day

No nuts

No pork

No sauses

Green tea extract

Fish oil caps

But basically if you acne is disappearing, and your diet is giving you all your daily requirements then all is good. I think a big thing to remember is that acne is something nobody wants to have, but you dont want to sacrifice good health to get there, so just make sure your getting all your daily nutrient needs.

Diet:

No dairy

No salt

Tons of rice (brown)

A lot of protein

Gallon of water per day

No nuts

No pork

No sauses

Green tea extract

Fish oil caps

and PS. I see WAY TOO MANY RESTRICTIONS on here. You people are going to starve yourselves to death. Its true, some of these foods do cause acne, but some of you are taking it waaaaay too far.