Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
billbilllax67

apple cider vinegar and bp for folliculitis?

Hey guys,

so i'm finishing up what i think will be my last month on accutane (40mg), all my "acne" acne has cleared, but during the course i got 2 boils that left bad residue on my skin espically when i shaved so i got the folliculitis staph infection on my upper jaw areas. my derm just put me on eryrithromicin (oral) and i';ve been on that for 10 days, and i have swtiched to an electric razor (philips smart touch xl...great shave and no irritation..its like a dream come true), but for the first 4 days i my staph infection was active, so i decided to use apple cider vinegar as a toner in the area (1:4 ratio) since its anti-fungal and all, and then apply bp on the infected areas. now, i've only had 4 minor whiteheads that have popped up and disappeared in the area in the last 4 days or so, and the redness as gone down a bit, but is the bp okay to use on the staph infection? what about the acv? because im leaving for africa on june 24th, and i'll be roughing it for a whole month down there with only face wipes, which obviously wont be very effective agaisnt the folliculitis if its still there... so basically im asking anyone with experience with this or any kind of knowledge of this if this is an effective regime, and is the eryithromicn is effective for this...or shoyuld i get some kind of special topical. also...has anyon e ever fully gotten rid of thir staph infections?

its all so clsoe to being over finally....but it seems like every step closer i get to clear skin something comes up to kick me in the butt again...

any advice?

When I have had folliculitis it has been from a fungus and the antibiotics made it much worse. I have never tried BP for folliculitis because I was afraid it would be way too irritating. To get rid of my folliculitis my dermatologist prescribed Ketoconazole tablets and they worked well. Although my folliculitis has come back a few times and each time gotten better after Ketoconazole.

When I have had folliculitis it has been from a fungus and the antibiotics made it much worse. I have never tried BP for folliculitis because I was afraid it would be way too irritating. To get rid of my folliculitis my dermatologist prescribed Ketoconazole tablets and they worked well. Although my folliculitis has come back a few times and each time gotten better after Ketoconazole.

how can you tell if its from a fungus? also, where did you have your folliculitis?