Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ramzey

How I clear my bacne scars

Maybe a silly question: but do you think it can help with stretch marks, too?? I've got them all over my thighs. They're supposed to be scars of the dermis, the middle layer of the skin.

OMG well, I have not really been on the board for a while, but I am shocked to see the response, hpoefully this is helping you guys out.

I have been trying various things for my back, saw palmetto for hormone control is one thing I just finished. That was a waste of time. Didn't work.

I'm going to New York tomorrow, can't wait, been all over the US and New York has evaded me up to now. Have to see how New York compares to my home city (London). I have now decided that after I get back in a couple of weeks, I will go to my GP and get some antibiotics, I've tried nearly everything else now, and nothing bloody works........ :think:

Hopefully the antibiotics will clear me up, at which point I will pull out the BP and clear out those scars and be done with this once and for all.

When I get back in a couple of weeks I expect this thread at 100+ replies and lots of success stories. :dance:

Later people.

Purified and Mcgoo, just wondering, do u use any particular H&S Shampoo to rid off those scars at the back? I hope it works for acne scars on the chest too.

And yeah, how much do u use it and what's your method of applying it?

FriedTofu, I don't think that's the right stuff, here's the link ramzey posted:

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/product_26...h-10-150ml.html

it should be a liquid, like a body wash. the foaming stuff I bought was actually more of a cream, which doesn't work. We can't get the stuff here in the states without a prescription.

Ramzey-

I'm praying this works, I have so much riding on it, because it's beginning to look more and more likely that I'll have to go back on accutane, which means no doctor will perform laser surgery to remove scars. You may have done the ultimate good deed for so many people.

Mcgoo, I will be following your experiences religiously for the next few days since your scars sound identical to the ones I have. I hope this works out for you and then of course for me. We can beat this! Although at least you already have a wife, so what's your worry haha!

I got my wife a while ago when my bacne wasnt so bad !!! She's really good but cant understand why I have such a hang up with the state of my back skin.

Purified and Mcgoo, just wondering, do u use any particular H&S Shampoo to rid off those scars at the back? I hope it works for acne scars on the chest too.

Aush, the H&S doesn't rid you of the scars. It dries teh skin up a bit and I think the Zinc in the shampoo helps to kill the infection in all your pores. After a few days of using H&S my skin was unbelievably clearer. I then went on to the Panoxyl was to get rid of the scarring....... see below for an update.

Ramzey-

I'm praying this works, I have so much riding on it, because it's beginning to look more and more likely that I'll have to go back on accutane, which means no doctor will perform laser surgery to remove scars. You may have done the ultimate good deed for so many people.

Aush, Im telling you that this is definately working. Dont get me wrong, Im on day 4 or 5 of the panoxl wash 10% and Im in a bit of pain. My skin is like leather and very tight but amazingly only the scarred areas (about half of my back) seems to be drying out. All the healthy areas seem unaffected and I have been putting this all over my back.

I can see already the the scars which were indented have leveled off with the rest of my skin and the skin that is slowly dying is now starting to peel. It doesnt itch like Ramzey said it would but it hurts alot when you apply it for around 10 minutes and then dies down. But today, Ive been sore just doing normal things like driving, like my skin is going to tear but so far so good.

Aush - Go for it. Be prepared for some pain or discomfort but if your like me, it will be worth a week or 2 of this to have a clear back.

Ramzey - I am so glad I found this thread and glad you took the time to post your Panoxyl method. If my skin clears up I will owe you a big big favour, you've no idea what this will mean to me and what a difference this will make to the quality of my life. Im in Scotland so not 1 million miles away. I swear if I win the lottery, I will see you alright.

So the idea is to use the wash not as a wash but as a cream and leave on for 24hrs for 7 days??

Would it not make more sense to try and control acne b4 getting ris of scars that new acne is gonna leave fresh scars?

So the idea is to use the wash not as a wash but as a cream and leave on for 24hrs for 7 days??

Would it not make more sense to try and control acne b4 getting ris of scars that new acne is gonna leave fresh scars?

hi guys, is there anyway to get the panoxyl body wash 10% in the states?

is it possible through prescription, has anyone done this?

thank you very much

I don't think that's what they meant.. panoxyl 10% for 24hrs? I can only imagine the burns.. not to mention that it wouldn't be practical because it bleaches your clothing.

It doesn't really matter what kind you use, because they all have the same amount of zinc in them and that is the active ingredient.

I rub in on like a lotion, and make sure you spread it in an even and thin layer. I would just try a little and test how your skin responds to it.

Mr. McGoo, hope you'll have a scar-free back and ready to go topless anytime! ;) I'll definitely give H&S a try to clear the acne first before I can "scrape" off the scars. It's hard to get the PanOxyl Wash 10, guess I have to buy one from eBay. Bravo on your progress so far, and thanks for sharing dude. You've given me a glimmer of hope.

Purified, thanks for the info and tips for using the H&S! I'll be going to Thailand for a holiday tomorrow for 4 days. Maybe I'll get one bottle of H&S and try this method during my stay there. Thanks to you, I've been very optimistic and excited about this. :)

McGoo-

Any updates? Have the results lasted? Which type of wash did you use? Did you use the foaming stuff or the stuff that Ramzey directly linked to? My friend is in Cambridge for the summer so I'm going to have him ship me over some. Hope it all works out!

it should be a liquid, like a body wash. the foaming stuff I bought was actually more of a cream, which doesn't work. We can't get the stuff here in the states without a prescription.
hoursafter

you tried the cream/foam one and it dosent work at all?....

PURIFIED, I just wanna know what did you do when your skin becomes dried up and "sunburnt"? So do you peel off the dry skin or kept applying the H&S? I've been using the H&S for 3 days, and like you said, i'm experiencing the sunburnt effect. It really dries up the acne man, and I hope the dark acne scars will fade too.

Seems to me Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is the commonly used one. I had one, tried it once and I can feel my skin absorbs it and became soft and moist.

Maybe if you want to hasten the healing process, u might want to try a moisturizer rich in Vitamin E or AHA (10%). These two incredients will exfoliate dry skin and repair new ones basically.

For AHA, you might want to consider Paula's Choice. But I do not know if it's in UK.

Another alternative to using AHA is Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). You might want to read other threads on ACV. This is one of them: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...9850&hl=acv

I haven't read ramzey's original post but I believe that you aren't supposed to use moisturizer to get the optimum effects. The whole point is you are trying to damage and dry out your top layer of skin so new stuff comes in after. Lotion would just prevent this from happening.

FriedTofu-

I didn't use the Panoxyl brand foaming wash available in the states, however I did buy a different brand of 10% BP, labeled as a "foaming wash." It was like a white pastey/gel, and I was unable to get it to even cause minor irritation to my skin and I left it on 24 hours a day for 3 days and gave up because it wasn't strong enough. I think it needs to be almost like a liquid or shampoo.

I don't know where you guys are getting the gel or foaming wash from, I just bought the PanOxyl Wash 10 with lotion. Slather that on, leave it on, your skin will start getting uncomfortable and scaly at least by Day 3. I don't know if it's done anything for the scarring, but it's the only thing that has worked for my active acne.

The next time I try this I will probably try it for the full 7 days (if I'm not completely in agony).

This is the foaming wash:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...;id=prod3156487

This is the regular wash:

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/product_26...h-10-150ml.html

If you bought it in America than you have the foaming wash, if else, I don't know.

A few people have said it's worked for scarring when used for the seven days, I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't, I'm really counting on this. I'd be willing to use it for a year of it if it got rid of acne scars.

Ha, no you don't need to walk around shirtless all day. Just don't rinse the stuff off once you apply it, my friend is bringing me back some from England in about two weeks so I'll start it then, I'll update with pictures whether good or bad. It will be the first experiment in this procedure with photographic evidence, unless someone beats me to it!