Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ramzey

How I clear my bacne scars

In my relentless quest for a clear back I am in the process of trying pretty much everything under the bloody sun. At the moment I am waiting for my saw palmetto to come through.

The good thing is that after every (failed) attempt at finding a cure I can just literally peel the scars right off my back, and start fresh.

I use plain old BP, now everyone knows that BP is also a chemical peelant, hence the red, itchy skin you get when you use it. I find it extremely effective at getting rid of scars within a week or so. It works well on my skin (light brown/indian origin).

The BP you use is very important, it needs to be STRONG. I use 10% Panoxyl WASH lotion. This is the important bit people, it has to be the WASH, the stuff you would use in the shower (google panoxyl wash). The wash seems to be much harsher than the regular 10% gels you get.

DON'T use it in the shower, use it after drying off and use quite a bit of it. Leave it on for 24 hours or if you shower twice in the day re-apply.

I usually do this for around 7 days, after that my skin just cant take it any more. After 3-4 days you will be scratching like mad, your skin WILL be red, raw and crocodile like.

Make no mistake people, it can hurt, but mostly the need to scratch will drive you crazy. SO only do it if you are prepared to put up with it for a week.

After the week is done your skin will be pretty bad, as you can expect it will be scaly and very dry. Scratch all you want, use a loofah in the shower every day to scrub off the peeled skin. I was SHOCKED when I first noticed this last year, it was literally like I had erased all the dark scars I had for 6-7 years in one week.

Its worth a try if you want to get rid of scars, it works for me and could for you, just be prepared for a little discomfort for a week............

-_-

why dont you try it first before putting it down. If it worked for him then maybe it's worth a try.

I'll look into it. I'm asian so my hyperpigmentation gets bad and I want to get rid of it quickly as I can. my only problem is... I cant reach some spots on my back T_T!

can you link us to the 10% Panoxyl WASH lotion you use or give us links to some that might work just as well?

Oh for fucks sake mate!

I am not a spammer you muppet. I am just trying to share what I found. Does my post look like the work of a spammer?? Do spammers usually go into this much detail on what they did? Do spammers usually write in an obviously british tone? NOOO!!! Spammers usually pop up and say shit like "THIS CURED ME IN 5 MINUTES" or some other bollocks like that, they usually don't have a very good grasp of the english language either.

This paranoia is just bloody ridiculous it really is.

Why dont you search out the posts I have made under my username and then tell me whether I am a spammer or not.

As a cockney boy like me would say "jog on mate".....

@ Yunnie

I did refrain from posting a link to the panoxyl wash, I did not want to be accussed of advertising or anything like that, but since this CB07 geeza has already accused me of being a spammer then, hey, fuck it, why not:

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/product_26...h-10-150ml.html

These are the people I use matey, but you can get it off ebay cheaper than that I think (ebay uk anyway),I'm pretty sure that it is a UK only product, not sure if you can get it in the states tbh.

Floodgates are now open for the spam accusations I suppose.........................

Thanks for the link.

Yeah it seems only places are the UK??

Anyway, so what did you do during the day while at work or to deal with the itch?

Thanks.

Oh yeah and I did find it on ebay for cheaper!

I basically just ignored the itch during the day when at work (I am 25, so pretty old mate). My job keeps me so busy that you kind of just forget about the itching, however when I got home I would go absolutely mad scratcing away. To be honest its the scratching/loofah and any other type of abrasion which will acclerate the peeling of the skin.

I was able to find some from a canadian site but they only have the 5% and not the 10%. -shrugs- Oh there was one US site I think that sells the 5% at a really outragous price.. like $30 USD .. eep!

express chemist cant ship to the US! T_T

Do you think one of the other ones work.. like the panoxyl gel at 10%? or the aqua gel at 10 % ;( Or I wonder... if the BP from dan's regimen will work...

"jog on mate" haha me and my friends are always saying that it makes me laugh...typically english

Hey, I was just wondering whether it was safe to use a Glycolic acid peel at the same time as using the Panoxyl Wash?

Cause i just read on the instructions for the GA peel that apparently, it shouldnt be used alongside any other skincare products that contain any acids or peroxide.

If i used the Panoxyl wash in the morning, then at night used the Glycolic acid. Would that still be too harmful for my skin?

i dont think that would be good. you should do one one week then next week do the other.

i think i'm goning to try the 5%, since its the only one i can get... hopefully. Or is anyone in the UK willing to help me buy Panoxyl 10% Wash and ship it over to me... and hopefully avoid customs. XD

This sounds interesting. I'm really wary of BP, but I'm seriously desperate right now. I've been getting glycolic peels for the past few months, and while it has helped, the scars are still there, and it's expensive. Plus, you're skin sounds similar to mine, east-asian/light brown skin, and hyperpigmentation is friggin awful. I'm gonna read up on BP again first, though, because I'm worried it'll mess up my skin even worse, if that's possible.

I don't know where the spam accusation came from, usually spam is really obvious and has a link to it (-_-;)

Also, for whoever was using the glycolic peels, I get mine professionally done, the woman doing it just told me for the day after the peel, don't do anything harsh with your back like scrub or loofah it. After that, I can go back to my normal routine (which consists of exfoliating and using a SA cleanser). Not sure how sensitive your skin is, though.

Trust me people my skin is sensitve to BP too, I am pretty sure that is the reason why it acutally works so well, it just peels the shit out of it!! And that is what clears the scars, as I have said before it is an aggressive approach which is not an entirely pleasant experience but it works, for me anyway.

I CANT GET IT WITHOUT GOING TO THE DOCTORS >.<! So unfair :/

Anyone in the UK wanna sneek me a bottle >_>;

FYI RiteAid has the PanOxyl 10% Foaming Acne Wash., 5.5 oz. Probably same thing as the UK version.

ok, i ordered the panoxyl wash on ebay, but the seller was from the UK so it's gonna take a few weeks for it to arrive. i couldn't find it where i live and most online stores are US-based and won't sell it outside of US.

I'm going to give this a try and suffer for a week. I've read that BP can actually make red spots and hyperpigmentation worse but that's when applied on a regular basis "correctly"-massaged in for a couple of minutes and then rinsed out. This technique of just letting it sit for an extended period is a completely new way of using the product, so hopefully once my skin has peeled off the underneath layer will be more even in color. I'm using this on my upper arms and back where I have millions of annoying dark spots that are years old so I'm not overly optimistic. I'll let ya'll know how it goes in a week.

Its good to know people are giving it a try.

By the way, one of the wash's (150ml) should last a while, even though you do use a lot. The fluidity of the wash means it spreads really easily which is good,it foams up a little bit but keep rubbing till its gone.

I will be doing it again in a month or so, waiting to see how the fish oil (see the pinned thread on the diet forum) works out.

I cant even find it on ebay o-o;

All they have is the bar :/

This person is auctioning it (and WAY lower than what I paid for...like $30 CDN dammit):

Panoxyl Wash 10 - 150 mL

I bought mine from this seller (if you just want to buy it immediately...with 4-6 weeks delivery time...dammit):

chemist-4-u

I purchased the cream in America ( the link i posted earlier). Although the box says its "foaming" it really isn't, its more of a cream. Tonite's my first night trying it, so far no itching or burning. Also its pretty tough to put on when the skins not wet, maybe if you leave the skin alittle wet so it can soak in wasier.