Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryuqi

Specifics about the regimen

I have been on the regimen for a bit over a month now, using cleanser, Neutrogena's on the spot BP, and moisturizer. The thing is I've only been doing it at night, and in the morning I cleanse and occasionally moisturize. I don't like the feeling of bp and moisterizer on my face all day long, I also play sports and go outside a lot, which also discourages me from doing the normal routine in the morning. If I continue what I'm doing will my skin clear, and if so how long do u think it will take. Also do you recommend me apply the regimen twice a day? Thanks.

The regimen is a twice a day application. Some people, after they are clear for an extended period of time, are able to revert to once a day, but I believe most have to keep it to twice. This is because the BP is necessary to kill the acne bacteria in total 24/7. Since bacteria is super stubborn and almost relentless, acne sufferers must keep at it religiously or the breakouts will continue.

I think your skin will continue to clear by using BP regularly, but I can't guess as to how long it will take before you plateau. For most people, once a day isn't enough to get the results they want, though, and they need to do it twice a day. You can keep up using it once a day, but if after another month or so you're not happy with your skin, you should change to twice a day. You would probably be happier using it twice a day if you switched to Dan's gel instead of Neutrogena OTS, since it won't feel quite like you have so much on your skin with a gel instead of a cream.

Alright thanks for the feedback. I will probably start trying it twice a day and see how it works out. Thanks again.