Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wgbnty

Acne always worse on one side of face?

I'm 22 and i've noticed that the acne on one side of my face is always significantly worse than the other and i just wanted to know if this is common or not.

I'm 22 and i've noticed that the acne on one side of my face is always significantly worse than the other and i just wanted to know if this is common or not.

I get mine in selective areas too, generally around my mouth. I dont think it means anything per say but be thankful its only there and not on the other side too I guess.

I don't sleep on either side of my face if i can help it. That was one of the first things i thought of. I haven't noticed any other habits that favor one side or the other.

I am the same way. It's either my left cheek is broken out or my right. I dunno why either.

I just finished with accutane in January. After 3 months the acne KIND of returned. I'm about to do a 2nd treatment. My acne is moderate. Never severe - never any cysts.

I'm the same. It's generally only on one side of my face, usually the left.

mine is typically around my chin area, sometimes the occasional cheek and forehead. it's my understanding the chin ones are hormonal

when I had bad hormonal acne it always came in certain areas (sides) and then would switch..I had it really bad on the right side for a long time..then it switched to the left and then more toards the center of my chin and then i got it under control. So for me, yes it happened that way.

One side of my face is always worse than the other too. I dunno why. I change the pillowcases weekly. :eh:

One side of my face is always worse than the other too. I dunno why. I change the pillowcases weekly. :eh:

Guest ~Wolfy~

I think that it's probably that you get an infection on one side, and your hand transfers bacteria along that side if you touch your face or whatever, particularly under fingernails but also fingertips. The transfer can happen days before you notice it.

The acne itself is one problem (causes the pores to burst), but more importantly it makes the skin sensitive to staph and strep and so forth that mostly makes the spots themselves.