Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rush25

Allure's Readers' Choice Award Winners 2007

The 2007 Allure Magazine Readers' Choice Awards came out a few days ago.

BEST FOUNDATION: BARE ESCENTUALS BARE MINERALS FOUNDATION.

Are you freaking kidding me? Horrible. Seriously horrible. I'm bitter that any mineral foundation would be considered the *best* foundation, but even more...Bare Escentuals!!! Idiots. Allure has almost lost all credibility with me...

...except for the fact that MAC won Best Lipstick (Viva Glam V), Best Lip Gloss (Pinkarat Lustreglass), Eye Shadow (All That Glitters), Eye Liner (Blacktrack Fluidline), and Concealer (Select Moisturecover).

I feel like a proud mama!

The 2007 Allure Magazine Readers' Choice Awards came out a few days ago.

BEST FOUNDATION: BARE ESCENTUALS BARE MINERALS FOUNDATION.

Are you freaking kidding me? Horrible. Seriously horrible. I'm bitter that any mineral foundation would be considered the *best* foundation, but even more...Bare Escentuals!!! Idiots. Allure has almost lost all credibility with me...

...except for the fact that MAC won Best Lipstick (Viva Glam V), Best Lip Gloss (Pinkarat Lustreglass), Eye Shadow (All That Glitters), Eye Liner (Blacktrack Fluidline), and Concealer (Select Moisturecover).

I feel like a proud mama!

Oh, my mom got this in the mail like 2 days ago and LOL...I looked through it. What the hell...Maybelline Cover Stick is the best drugstore concealer? I thought the coverstick sucked?

BE is crap

but the ones that are online from smaller companies are not.

I use Everyday Minerals and it works for me.

yer BE is the worst you can ever use on your face. It has Bismuth Oxychloride which causes major irritation and breakouts.

I use EM and i love it.

:o BM won?! Pfft, I look forward to the Allure awards every year - and I usually buy at least 2 things on the list. I dunno anymore... It seems like the past 2-3 years they've slacked, or just got paid :dry:

Its a damn lie that you can sleep with ANY mineral makeup on. You wake up with flaky skin and plenty new breakouts a day or two later. I dont depend on those magazines to tell me what products are best, they once said pantene was the best affordable contintioner...which I would not agree with that one bit. Just who exactly determines these "best buys"? Probably someone who decides which company will pay more for a better review? I would say so...

Its a damn lie that you can sleep with ANY mineral makeup on. You wake up with flaky skin and plenty new breakouts a day or two later. I dont depend on those magazines to tell me what products are best, they once said pantene was the best affordable contintioner...which I would not agree with that one bit. Just who exactly determines these "best buys"? Probably someone who decides which company will pay more for a better review? I would say so...

Those beauty magazines and the cosmetic companies are all in cohoot with each other. Without the ads from the makeup companies, the magazines can't survive on reader subscriptions. As for BE being the best foundation, what a joke. So far only two girls I know continue to wear BE and their skin look horrible. Everyone else who tried and eventually moved away from BE were left with messed up skin for a long time.

I used to use BE! All last year and I broke out horribly! I totally bought it because Allure and Sephora backed it so much. Well, I'll be sure to throw my remainder of Bisque and Mineral Veil out!

P.S. What's this MAC Touch UP Stick? Never heard of it. Is it a pencil? Is it good for spot coverage of a zit? Do you blend with your finger? Thanks!

I used to use BE! All last year and I broke out horribly! I totally bought it because Allure and Sephora backed it so much. Well, I'll be sure to throw my remainder of Bisque and Mineral Veil out!

P.S. What's this MAC Touch UP Stick? Never heard of it. Is it a pencil? Is it good for spot coverage of a zit? Do you blend with your finger? Thanks!