Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetshotpfhs

Does Accutane affect head size?

I know it can cause head deformation to babies, but what about to teens still growing? I'm not saying that my head is getting bigger.. lol, but I have been feeling a lot of pressure towards the back of my head. I don't know if it's stress induced or just cases of bad headaches. Anyone?

I am not an expert, but this could be a serious problem, as one reason the US has iPledge is because some users of the drug had these horrible headaches which was actually pressure building up upon their brain... and because their self-esteem was so low they didn't mention it because they wanted to get rid of acne at any cost. I am not trying to scare you or make up stories... if it doesnt pass in 1 or 2 days... call your derm

no need to scare the kid. no, accutane doesn't make your head grow. and they could just be bad headaches, which are normal. if you have blurred (or double) vision or nausea/vomitting, stop taking accutane and call your doctor, this could be a serious side effect (increased pressure in the brain). but if it is just a headache, you are most likely fine, a lot of people get headaches (which can feel like pressure) while on accutane. call your doctor anyway.

I am not an expert, but this could be a serious problem, as one reason the US has iPledge is because some users of the drug had these horrible headaches which was actually pressure building up upon their brain

It may also be dehydration. I've found that most headaches I've had in my life were due to dehydration. BUT - like others have said - pressure can be a side effect so you really should see a doc just in case. Since the pressure is a fluid, it might be a bad idea to drink extra water in hopes of alleviating simple dehydration when it might be something entirely different - I don't know, and no one can know except a doctor.

yes, it is a registry of people taking accutane as well as pharmacies that fill it and doctors who prescribe it. they have it to prevent pregnancies.

I know it can cause head deformation to babies, but what about to teens still growing? I'm not saying that my head is getting bigger.. lol, but I have been feeling a lot of pressure towards the back of my head. I don't know if it's stress induced or just cases of bad headaches. Anyone?