Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brabbit

new BP gel i just got

Hi all,

First i want to say that i love this regimen, and Dan.......your products rock!!! I have been a user of your products now since January. Well, only the BP gel, i use Cetaphil washer.

I have used your gel in the past and have loved it. However, i just ordered and received 2 new bottles of the BP gel and have noticed the consistency is different. It is more water like i guess is a good way to describe it? It is not as thick. I have come here and have read someone else say this too, explanation is temperature and such. But me too??? has anything changed.. should i be concernced?

First I want to say this is in no way a complaint. Finding your products and regimen Dan has changed my life, REALLY.... It has cleared me up and I have had acne since High School. Your products and regimen has been the only thing that has worked for me....I have tried proactiv, derms, drugs, everything except Accutane which i will not take under any circumstance. So i thank you Dan sincerally.....You are my HERO.....!!!!!

Comments from anyone else who has received BP gel very recently???????

Thank you

Brabbit (yes the name is from my favorite movie)

Yea, the consistency is not very consistent. Sometimes my orders are really thick, sometimes its very watery. I doubt it's about the temperature tho. Cuz sometimes I have a few tubes on my shelf at a time, and depending on the batch, some are thick and some are watery.

The manufacturer recently changed the formula, though, so now it's benzoyl alcohol-free and has different preservatives. I think that might account for the different texture aside from batch differences.

This is due to a random miscommunication between myself and our manufacturer. The lead chemist over there swears that I asked for her to thicken the viscosity on the last formulation. I can't imagine why I would ever say that. Anyway, she thickened it a bit. Now it's back to normal since the last batch came out. All batches should work identically regardless of viscosity.

This is due to a random miscommunication between myself and our manufacturer. The lead chemist over there swears that I asked for her to thicken the viscosity on the last formulation. I can't imagine why I would ever say that. Anyway, she thickened it a bit. Now it's back to normal since the last batch came out. All batches should work identically regardless of viscosity.

This has nothing to do with consistency, but are there any differences regarding the effect of the new gel? I've strecthed the pre-"DKR"-gels containing benzoyl alcohol for some months, and as I applied from a new DKR tube, I felt a slight burning sensation as the first few weeks you use BP.

Can my old tubes have become ineffective, or does it have something to do with the new formula?

BP oxidizes with time. So after 2 years (the expiration on the crimp) it should still have the amount it should have. After that point however, the percentage of BP will fall out of the acceptable range as it slowly turns to oxygen.

i also noticed a change in consistency. I ordered the gel a few weeks ago but just opened it yesterday. Like said above, it seems more watery when you apply it and spreads around easier. The only bad thing is it almost slides off your finger when you squeeze it out of the tube.

The gel I'm using has benzoyl alcohol and I do not like it because it makes my skin burn and a little red. it's worse when it's a hot day. I'm not exactly sure what ingredient is in there that is causing this reaction to my skin since it has never happened before. I know the ingredients has changed a few times, but it hasn't given me a problem until now. I ordered two new tubes with the new ingredients, thank god! I had enough with the gel so when I get home I'm gonna toss that one out and start on the new gel.

oh brilliant i have 8 tubes of thick left.... its takes twice as long to apply and its loads harder to spread.... GAYNESSSSSSSS

anyone want to swap some normal dans bp for some super thick super specials?

ok this solves EVERYTHING! i jus started using my newest batch (ordered in april) and its MUCH thicker making it kinda harder to spread and longer to dry. i thought it was due to the change in ingredients, but im glad its not, and glad that the next batch i order won't be as thick!

oh brilliant i have 8 tubes of thick left.... its takes twice as long to apply and its loads harder to spread.... GAYNESSSSSSSS

anyone want to swap some normal dans bp for some super thick super specials?

What is the expiration date (check the crimp) on those tubes of thick bp?