Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darling_

i don't know what to dooo!!

i was supposed to go on OTC + spiro three months ago but i was scared and wimped out... thinking my skin isn't that bad anyways... i usually only get a few zits here and there, but i have a TON of redmarks from taking taz (big mistake) and lots of closed comedones.

my derm (three months ago!) told me to take OTC and spiro in conjuction with the taz. my skin was pretty moderate/mild so i was like meh, nah. i went back a few weeks ago for a second check and he basically flipped on me, telling me that i would've totally had clear skin by now if i had only listened to his instructions. he told me to go on it yet again, despite my hesitation...

i'm scared of the side effects and of being on hormones for a long period of time... and of it messing up my skin/weight/health more @[email protected] ahh what to do?

my period is coming up within a few days! i'm a relatively healthy 18-year-old who doesn't smoke and does not plan on having sex within the next few months i'll be testing out OTC and spiro... i'm going to college in the fall so i kind of want clear skin before then...

If I were you, I'd go ahead and take the BC and Spiro. Your only 18, I'm 21 and still breaking out (just started yasmin bc and about to start spiro.)....I wish I would have known about Spiro. when I was 18!! I know it is hard to start college with pimples, mostly everyone has outgrown them. I'd say go for it until u grow out of ur acne/hormones get in order. I do worry about the risk of breast cancer and stuff but what can you do as of now I'd rather have clear skin and just make sure I get my mammograms as soon as I possibly can LOL! Nowadays everything gives you cancer so you never know.

thank you so much ^___^ you've given me confidence!

i think i will go for it and update with a log later perhaps

yes you should definitely go for it! i was very nervous to try bc...i was actually crying. i just thought it was gonna mess up my body so much...my mom really wanted me to take it so i did. and i'm really glad...my face is the clearest it's ever been in years! mind you, i still get pimples every so often...but the overall improvement is amazing. when i do get pimples, they are usually small. plus, it's also nice knowing when my period is coming. my period always use to come different times..and it was annoying. good luck!

I am 18 years old and I was terrified to take birth control too. In fact, in september, I was prescribed Yasmin... I took it for a month, chickened out, and then stopped :lol: I kept worrying about being dependant on birth control forever. Now i'm on Yaz and things are really going good for me on this birth control. I decided that my skin is worth staying on birth control for as many years as I can possibly handle :lol: I won't be coming off unless I want to pop out a kid or two.. then i'm going straight back on again until i'm old and wrinkley :P

If I were you, I'd go ahead and take the BC and Spiro. Your only 18, I'm 21 and still breaking out (just started yasmin bc and about to start spiro.)....I wish I would have known about Spiro. when I was 18!!

yay this thread has raised my hopes about birth control + spiro! I was reading all the ratings on spiro and I noticed that the majority of the people were in their 30s or 40s and I was like shoot, is this not supposed to be for teens? I'm so glad I found out about spiro at 17, I cannot waiitt to start it!