Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warrenpeace

breaking out after 2 years again :O

So I notice I'm breaking out again after 2 years. Hopefully, it will go away quicker than before. I'm much different also than my other pictures. Thats because the past year I gained more than 30 lbs. Working out, dancing, and drinking those protein shakes pay off. But the whole breakout thing is on my mind now. Just wanted to share. Does my new pic show the acne as much as i think it does? let me know. laters.

post-29848-1179626448_thumb.jpg

post-29848-1179626448_thumb.jpg

protein shakes? are you drinking the protein isolates or the drink mixes? those drink mixes have a lot of carbs in them and chugging those back a few times a day will have a nasty effect on your insulin

It is possible that whey shakes can do it. If they have too much sugar the insulin spike can possibly do it. Some people are sensitive to the actual protein, but I believe that would be pretty rare. Lifting in general will increase acne since it will raise your testosterone levels, so people often associate their acne with they protein when its actually the exercise. Another theory is that acne is caused by the hormones found in milk. Since the hormones are found in the fat, you could negate this potential cause by consuming only fat free dairy products. As said before, iodine can trigger acne, or halogens in general. But I doubt its from the whey protein. I would worry more about my iodized salt intake before i worry about the iodine in the protein, unless you brand has unusually high amounts.