Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
copilot

I don't think other people even see it

I have a buddy who I've been friends with since the third grade. Although after we turned 15 we tended to hang out less, we have always had contact over the years. He is an awesome guy, he has a great job, a beautiful girlfriend, everything. Yesterday I was talking to him and during a pause in the conversation, you know what I realized?

He has acne.

Not very bad acne, but certainly worse than mine (I have body acne, none facial). I have no idea how long it has been there or why I didn't realize sooner. I guess that his personality sort of shined through that part of him.

Maybe less people recognize you as an acne sufferer than you think?

it depends on the person, there are some ppl who can find and see every single detail about your personality/looks, and some ppl are just too distracted to notice

yeah i've met some people like that before... they were "physically unattractive" but their personalities always shined through... it's like they have the perfect thing to say everytime.

Guest The Effendi
people ALWAYS notice my severe acne unless I wear a shitload of coverup.

I have a buddy who I've been friends with since the third grade. Although after we turned 15 we tended to hang out less, we have always had contact over the years. He is an awesome guy, he has a great job, a beautiful girlfriend, everything. Yesterday I was talking to him and during a pause in the conversation, you know what I realized?

He has acne.

Not very bad acne, but certainly worse than mine (I have body acne, none facial). I have no idea how long it has been there or why I didn't realize sooner. I guess that his personality sort of shined through that part of him.

Maybe less people recognize you as an acne sufferer than you think?

Yeah people recognize it but maybe they can just see past it. We do have a personality to go along with it. You can be gorgeous but be the meanest person and people wont like you. You can be ugly and be the nicest person and people will like you. I think personality is more important than looks. Looks are nice to but if youve got the looks and no personality to go along with it, youre screwed