Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NewAge

Vitamin E Is a No-Go While on Accutane?

http://www.lifescript.com/channels/well_be...in_e.asp?page=4

"Taking large-doses of vitamin E at the same time as vitamin A may prevent the absorption of the latter nutrient, so avoid this if possible."

Is this factual, and how would one define a "large dose?" For the first 2 months I've been on Accutane, I've been taking 200 IU, but for this past month I've upped it to 400 IU. After reading this, I'm going to cease taking E altogether. Thoughts?

Just don't take any additional supplements. Let Accutane do it's work. I bought some Omega 3 with Vitamin E supplements but haven't used them in a long time, because of the possible effect on the absorption of Accutane.

I don't think vitamin E effected the absorbtion of accutane for me, altho vitamin A is very similar to isotretinoin, it doesn't always mean there is the same relationship between vitamin E and isotretinoin.

Although acnewar is probably right in that it's best to just take your accutane and nothing else, i started taking it to try and prevent further scaring, but i don't think it helped much if at all for that!! Probably better just taking vitamin C.

The department of dermatology in Turkey did a study with patients taking accutane and pations taking accutane and vitamin e and they found that the vitamin e had no effect on the side effect of accutane.

I also read on the internet that you can take zine in conjuction with vitamin e and a to help absorb vitamin a and stablize the levels of vitamin e in the body, but I do not know if zinc will help with the obsorbtion of accutane

My dermatologist's office specifically instructs patients to take vitamin e with accutane....so I doubt there would be any significant interference with absorbtion.