Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChemSoln

Extremely itchy/irritated skin on DKR

Hi, I'm 1 week into my DKR.

Yesterday and today my cheeks are more itchy/irritated than normal.

It's pretty severe at times, it feels like my skin is stinging. It's impossible not to touch my face just to sooth the irritation. So I can't help but touch my face very often. Feels like hives.

Is this normal?

I have been putting BP on twice and day with very thin and small amounts, and it wasn't until the 7th day it felt this way. Can someone please explain how "itchy, irritation, red skin" should be? Because I'm not sure if this is normal or not, I mean, its really really itchy and irritated right now.

I'm not sure if its allergies or if this is just normal. I'm at the point where I'm considering dropping the Regimen but then I read the "What to Expect" and thats exactly what they predicted, haha. So I need some clarification/experience/advice, thanks.

Hey buddy, I had more irritation with some brands of BP than others. I'd try switching brands and see how you go.

How well are you moisturising? Could it be something in the moisturiser that's causing the extra irritation? or even the soap?

Give us as much info as you can, products used etc and we'll get to the bottom of it I'm sure.

I'm following the DKR steps very closely.

I use DK cleanser, BP, and Cetaphil moisturizer.

I use the same amount of moisturizer as I do BP. Very light layer on my skin.

I have very sensitive skin to begin with...

I have had hives before so I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is normal ("what to be expected") or if the Regimen is not compatible with my skin.

I would use a little less BP as you're having issues and more moisturiser. Some people have to start slower than others.

If things still don't improve you can either try a different brand BP or stop all together, you can't deal with these symtoms for long.