Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatscoming

Yikes! From microdermabrasion

I had an unsatisfactory session from a second of six vibradermabrasion treatment. This treatment was followed by a glycolic peel that left me scabbed. My skin was not broken, no capillaries were broken. Picture below is day two after treatment. It is now day 4 as I am writing this, and my scabs have shrink, a sign of heeling and hopefully, soon they will fall off. The esthetician did admit that she probably went to aggressive over the areas.

http://i1.tinypic.com/4v5jiud.jpg

My concern as of late is what it's going to look like after the scabs fall off. I have been reading things online that have led be to believe that I might be okay. That once the scabs sloughs fall off the "new skin" will be slight pink while it's still in the healing process and that my skin should return to normal color like its surrounding area in a few weeks.

To make sure that I don't receive additional scarring from the scabs, once th scabs slough off I will immediately begin a hydroquinone regimen with Retin-A.

What are your experience with microdermabrasion or vibradermabrasion? Any comments or suggestions about my concerns?

I don't think I will return for a third session, I will see what happens with hydroquinone. Which is also my concern as I have read that it can cause permenent ochrnosis ( dark speckling of the dermis) and other pigmentations in ethnic and Asian skin.

Any one with these side effects with hydroquinone?

I purposefully developed scabs like that after a 100% TCA CROSS I did myself. I treated each individual scab with a topical antibiotic. I used Polysporin. I used it for the first five days. Thereafter I treated with Copper Peptide Serum and Mederma to each scab. They have healed without any abnormal pigmentation.

I purposefully developed scabs like that after a 100% TCA CROSS I did myself. I treated each individual scab with a topical antibiotic. I used Polysporin. I used it for the first five days. Thereafter I treated with Copper Peptide Serum and Mederma to each scab. They have healed without any abnormal pigmentation.

They took 7-10 days to completely fall off. It was a stronger concentration of acid and a different type than what you used, but I am very fair. I am however prone to hypopigmentation. None of that with the deep scabs I had.

Just follow the aftercare regimen your doc suggested. It won't hurt to call them and tell them you're concerned about the scabs you now have, and ask specifically for what to do. Keeping them moist for several days with antibiotic ointment is probably one of the best things to do. Please don't pick them. :)

They took 7-10 days to completely fall off. It was a stronger concentration of acid and a different type than what you used, but I am very fair. I am however prone to hypopigmentation. None of that with the deep scabs I had.

Just follow the aftercare regimen your doc suggested. It won't hurt to call them and tell them you're concerned about the scabs you now have, and ask specifically for what to do. Keeping them moist for several days with antibiotic ointment is probably one of the best things to do. Please don't pick them. :)

can savlon be used for these antibiotic purposes?

I think it's a good sign that you got scabs. Trust me, most microdermabrasion sessions hardly do anything at all. The girl doing mine told me she tries to get a scab when she does it.

Be careful with the hydroquinone and Retin-A. I used a cream that was a combination of the two, and it made a huge red mark where I put it on that lasted for months. And I only put it one once. Will never ever ever use that stuff again.

i had this happen also when i did a double peel... a chemical peel then microderm, and had some scabs. I let them heal on their own and they were fine, but I don't really think I recieved much help, in fact it was probably worse having the scabs and paying like 200 dollars for having to fret whether they would cause additional scarring. Because actually I there are a couple redspot from where I think a couple of them were which have not go away, I htink they might with time, but still not really worth it.

Developing scabs over treated area sounds counter productive especially with my skin type, I know that I am prone to brown spots. I am really antsy about how it's going to look once they slough off. I am being very patient with this process. Day 5...

Just from looking at the surrounding areas, I think the vibradermabrasion in general even out my skin tone and lessened some of the more superficial scars. It really is unfortunately now, that I am reluctant to go back for a third session, because I thought she did a decent job, she is human, so I really don't blame her, per se.

I'd like to consider a third treatment to maybe correct whatever is left of the scabs? I am expecting the worse. Will take pictures....

I don't think it's counterproductive. If you have scars, getting scabs over them is a good thing. It means your skin is healing itself and creating more collagen etc.

Whatever you do, don't pick the scabs though, that will create more scars.

Please check out this website www.bionskincare.com

This cream has been my saving grace for post acneic red marks etc...it heals almost anything..scars...keloid scars...take a read