Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kiwi006

How do topicals work?

So I havent had much success with the whole antibiotic/topical thing, so Im signed up on the IPledge system and I will start Accutane in a little less than a month..But until them Im still on my same regimen of Doxycycline, Benzaclin at night and Clindymycin (sp?) in the morning..Well the morning stuff I really dont think does anything, but I dont know? Its Saturday and I have nothing at all to do today FOR ONCE! I was thinking of leaving the benzaclin on my actives all day..Will that help? Ive never really understood the creams for your face, does it only work when you apply it? Or does it work as long as its on your skin? Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

Well basically...topicals lose there effectiveness after about 6-8 hours...some last longer...so last shorter...

Just don't expect to use Benzaclin and think you can wear it all day and night...

i thought benzyclin has Clindymycin in it.....? isnt it like 1/4 benzoyl peroxide and the rest Clindymycin?

i wonder how that works? i hear the better combo is benzyclin and retina. just a thought.

^Yeah Ive heard that a few times on this site too, that they both have Clindymycin or whatever..But I guess it doesnt pay to change anything, few more weeks and Ill have Accutane so hopefully I wont ever have to use either of them again! Thanks for responding though, both of you, I appreciate it : )

Both Benzaclin and Duac have 5% BP and 1% Clindamycin....the only difference between the two is that Duac is a little more easier to spread around...other than that...they're both the same thing.