Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
un4tunate

Cyst right behind sideburn near my ear..wtf??

ok i got this cyst growing near my ear right behind my sideburn hair..first i thought it was something else but then it got red and bumpy so i know its a cyst because i had cysts before.. i never got them there so im soo confused..

plz anyone know what worked to keep the inflammation down??

ok i got this cyst growing near my ear right behind my sideburn hair..first i thought it was something else but then it got red and bumpy so i know its a cyst because i had cysts before.. i never got them there so im soo confused..

plz anyone know what worked to keep the inflammation down??

I'm copying and pasting this answer from another of my posts since it works so well:

Wash your face only twice a day; if you wash more, you risk irritating your skin and causing a breakout. Use a gentle cleanser, but if what you're using now is working fine and your skin doesn't feel tight or dry after you wash, stick with it.

Treat that cyst with ice! That will reduce the inflammation in the first day of using ice. Wrap an ice cube in a paper towel or something to keep the ice from directly touching your skin. You can also wrap the ice and towel in a plastic baggie to stop drips. Hold the ice to the cyst for up to five minutes at a time, take it off if it is too cold for you. Hold on for five minutes, off for five or so, then on again for a total of 15-20 minutes. Do that three times a day. Do not squeeze a cyst that has no head. That might cause the cyst to rupture under the skin and spread its junk all around, making an even worse wound that takes even longer to heal.

Take ibuprofen or naproxen sodium. One or the other, according to package directions. Those are over the counter meds that can be found even in a grocery store. They are very adequate anti-inflammatories.

If you ice and use an anti-inflammatory, your cyst may resolve within days.

Gentle regular exfoliation either mechanically or chemically will reduce cysts in the future. They may develop deep under the skin but they're still caused by a blocked pore. If the pores are unblocked and maintained that way, you're at less risk for developing cysts.