Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I can't post pictures of my neck/chest/back right now but I definitely think that I am Accutane worthy. My face is actually fine, one or two tiny zits every once in a while with small leftover scars from my old cystic acne (haven't had a cyst in about 3 or 4 years). My torso on the other hand is getting worse. It isn't cystic but it just looks absolutely terrible and when I wear a shirt (so all the time) it irritates the hell out of it and it itches.

I have a derm appt on june 21st. Last time I went to her she gave me retin-a and tetracycline. Those two worked pretty well on my face but I need to get rid of existing acne on my torso. Luckily i've tried basically everything they have thrown at me over the the past 3 years so there really isn't anything they can give me except Accutane.

Which brings me to this forum. If I go in on june 21, how long will it actually take to walk out of the pharmacy with the pills in my hand?I'm a guy so I won't have to do the ipledge thing but I know doctors get off on having people wait excruciatingly long periods of time for completely useless reasons.

How long did it take you guys to take your first pill?

I walked out with the pills in my hand on the day of my first derm appointment, but I was told not to start taking them until I had a blood test and they got the results, that took about a week.

same with me i walked in, had blood tests walked out and collected my prescription the next day however i dont want to start it for another week

Wow really only a week? I was fully expecting at least one pointless 30-day wait period.

Alright cool. Thanks guys. :dance:

Yes, depends where you are. In Canada, I have heard of people going in and filling the prescription the same day. I believe they are a little more liberal here then in the US and UK. If you are in the US, I think it is 30 days to go through that ipledge program.

if you are a guy you still have to do ipledge. but there is no waiting period, you can start pretty much right away.