Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daanzell

Now that you eat healthy...

Well, i've been on a good, clean diet for at least 3 weeks now. I'm used to eating good, nutritious food now and I enjoy it more than the shit i used to eat before I changed my diet. My skin has also improved as a result.

But the reason I made this thread was, because I think now I may be sensitive to junk/processed food. Reason being, tonight my mum made a homemade meat/sheperds pie for dinner. It was really nice, since its home made and all, not like that frozen crap you buy.

But my mum uses the packaged pastries, and I think they are quite processed and very fatty/unhealthy. Now, I feel like CRAP for some reason. I have an upset stomach and just don't feel very good.

I believe that my body now recognises that processed/junk food is no good for me, and is trying to tell me it doesn't like it.... do you reckon this is the case??

Blah... Yes! But it's more with dairy products.

Ever since I gave up milk I think I have become lactose intolerant. It's weird.

But junk food wise I'm not really effected by it. It's bad for me but it doesn't make me feel unhealthy all the time.

Yes absolutely, my body has been accustomed to whole foods, especially fiber, fruits, protein etc. Now when I eat any junk, my body basically acknowledges what's entering and I get a bad reaction, mentally, and physically. I feel nauseous and somewhat gross. If it tastes really good then it's not bad, but if it's mediocre AND really unhealthy, I start feeling sick.

First 6 years of my life had no sugar, junk food, candy, any of that, I'm now extremely sensitive to eating too much junk at one time. I learned the importance of it after a few rebel years of yay junk food (felt like crap) and now I eat it by choice.

Yes. I eat pretty healthy mos tof the time. Lots of veggies and fruit, very little red meat....I eat lunch at a little Japanese place a few times a week, where I have sushi and shashimi and sometimes cooked salmon.......I eat a pretty high fiber diet and eat the right type of fats....

I don't really exclude anything. I sometimes have dairy, but it's never given me a problem.....

when ever I skrew up and have crappy food (like takeout from Friday's ot a cheesburger from Wendy's or McDonalds...which is rare)....my throat feels all filled with phlegm, and the next day my stomach will be chrurning and all gassy......it's not fun....

yes! its has to be a really BAD meal though... like a few junk things like sweets here and there are fine... but i remember the last time i had a greasy burger and fries (i had no choice. limited menu).. the next day i felt so sick and had diarrhea. =P

yes! its has to be a really BAD meal though... like a few junk things like sweets here and there are fine... but i remember the last time i had a greasy burger and fries (i had no choice. limited menu).. the next day i felt so sick and had diarrhea. =P

^ :lol: @ the sugar and fat high! I know what you mean :shifty2:

The past few weeks anything overly salty/sugary/or too processed really makes my stomach hurt. I had a few cheez-its last night, ugh. A few days before I had some oreo's... ok half a box, I love them. At least I did, lol. My stomach cramped for 2 days, I was light headed, hungry and full at the same time. Yuk-ola.

This is what I have since noticed, some of these symptons were present before eating healthy, just not as pronounced:

Milk/dairy - indigestion, don't have a bowel movement for the next 24 hours guaranteed

caffeine - headache, nauseous

candy - headache after just a small amount (3 or 4 "Now & Later's")

fast food - feel like absolute shit, not really a headache or nauseous, just feel like shit

I think so. I have been eating really well lately and this weekend was my birthday so healthy eating went out the window. My guts were spasming all week. So bad yesterday morning I could barely stand. I wasn't nauseas or anything it just felt like muscle spasms :o I am finishing leftovers today and getting back with program tomorrow.

Well, i've been on a good, clean diet for at least 3 weeks now. I'm used to eating good, nutritious food now and I enjoy it more than the shit i used to eat before I changed my diet. My skin has also improved as a result.

But the reason I made this thread was, because I think now I may be sensitive to junk/processed food. Reason being, tonight my mum made a homemade meat/sheperds pie for dinner. It was really nice, since its home made and all, not like that frozen crap you buy.

But my mum uses the packaged pastries, and I think they are quite processed and very fatty/unhealthy. Now, I feel like CRAP for some reason. I have an upset stomach and just don't feel very good.

I believe that my body now recognises that processed/junk food is no good for me, and is trying to tell me it doesn't like it.... do you reckon this is the case??

LOL what happen was a rapid rise and blood sugar followed by the "crash". That's what made u feel weak, sleepy and overall not so good. When u eat junk food every day u get use to the feeling but when u eat healthy then revert back to garbage u notice it immediately. All that is happening is a blood suagr roller coaster going up and down that why u feel that way, when u eat healthy ur blood suagr is more balanced.

I agree with THEREALCURE. Once you've moved to a clean diet for a while, eating refined junk may as well be injecting yourself with insulin. The nausea and digestion problems other people mention are different, but it's the insulin spike that makes you feel like you suddenly weigh twice as much and are going to fall over and go into a coma for a few hours.