Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I HAD had severe crap goin on for a couple of years, large cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline, it was shit, hurt alot and really ambarrassing...........i couldn't even look at myself in the fucking mirror.

I had tried alot of stuff, the GP gave me benzol and Tetracycline, with little success. I had turned to natural remedies about a year later, i had tried eating healthy stuff, cut down on sugar etc... but it didn't really do it.

I had read a while bak that milk had direct influence on acne, yet i didn't really take to it, as i thought it was just an untested rumour, and i didn't really want to quit drinking milk as i drank it with my tea, about 4 cups a day. So i casually thought i would test the milk theory, and drank only herbal tea (adding honey) for a few days, and i began to notice a massive change, all the large cystic activity on my face instantly disappeared, i was in complete disbelief. So about a week went by without any breakouts until one day i wasn't thinking, and stupidly drank a capuccino, and the acne came back in full force (it took dayz to die down again) and the connection between the two just clicked. I have drank no milk now for about six months, and i have had no breakouts, not one! No cysts, no major flareups, i've got the odd pimple here and there but that doesn't really count.

But i can confidently say that i am clear now, and can go to sleep at night without having to worry about any new breakouts. This is the one thing that i can definately say has been aggrivating my acne, bad luck that i only discovered this now.

I understand that everyone is different, and what works for some might not work for others, but i urge people with severe acne not to dismiss this thoery like i did, and to at least try it, coz others might tell you that there is no proof of the link between acne and milk, but i know by looking at myself that it is true. Im nearly 19 now, and began getting severe acne at about 15, if only i knew this then, i feel fucking cheated!

Anyone else with the same experience? if so lets hear it, i cant be the only one.

I have experienced an improvement with my acne by completely cutting out all forms of dairy. But i've only been doing this for a bit over 3 weeks.. do you think I should wait longer for the real result?

Milk definitely breaks me out but there are other things that break me out to: bananas, citric acid might break me out and theres probably other things that I dont know about. Milk is the main one though. Everytime I drink or eat something that contaisn milk I will break out in cystic pimples within twenty minutes. Its aweful because most of my favorite foods contain dairy. I have stopped drinking milk. That helps. I only eat soy ice cream which also has been helping

Yeah, the acne clinic I go to has their clients cut dairy out of the diet (along with a few other foods - peanuts, and anything high in iodine). There has been some research that has established a link between dairy and acne flares. It is possible that the dairy causes flares because it is high in iodine (which is a long-established acne trigger).

I no longer put milk on my cereal, stopped eating cream cheese and bagels every day. I still have cheese on pizza once and awhile, but that is about it as far as my dairy intake goes. I don't know if cutting out dairy cleared me up or not, as I made lots of changes to my diet and skin care regimen at the same time, so I don't know which changes were the most important for clearing my skin, but I am clear!!! :boogie:

Yeah, the acne clinic I go to has their clients cut dairy out of the diet (along with a few other foods - peanuts, and anything high in iodine).

Willow - I can handle the dairy, but what's this about peanuts?! Peanut butter is my #1 comfort food!!!

Yeah, the acne clinic I go to has their clients cut dairy out of the diet (along with a few other foods - peanuts, and anything high in iodine).

Willow - I can handle the dairy, but what's this about peanuts?! Peanut butter is my #1 comfort food!!!

How do you guys find out what foods cause you to break out? I would think that if something causes you to break out, you'd have to cut it out of your diet for at least a week to notice a difference.

make sure you all take calcium supplements if you cut out dairy.

I have noticed huge improvements in my skin, since cutting out soda, seafood, nuts, and chocolate from my diet entirely.

My advice is if you think something causes acne, then stay away from it!

Cutting dairy helped me for a couple of months, but then I began to flare up again worse than before. I thought I had found the cause of my acne because I was totally clear, and was happily congratulating myself on finally working it out before it came back. Doh!

I don't want to dishearten you, and I hope you have solved your problem: I still avoid milk products myself and believe it makes some difference; but don't be surprised if cutting dairy doesn't prove to be a miracle cure....

Oh, and I second the point about calcium suppplements. Chelated Calcium tablets from Holland and Barrett are vegan suitable and work okay for me, and most good soya milk has calcium added. I drink Alpro long life stuff because it doesn't have sugar. Cheers!

Calcium in supplement form is not able to be absorbed. Mineral water, particularly San Faustino - available at Big Lots for $.60 a bottle, by FAR the best and most easily absorbed form of calcium.

Also, raw milk and cheeses (from reputable, organic pastures) can improve acne in some people.

Pasteurized dairy is not able to be digested (by anyone or anything!) and can only do more harm than good.

i never used to drink milk before, but did feel my skin was improving ever since i started to drink green tea on a daily basis. i have started to drink milk recently, but i'm reconsidering it now... but it should be ok if you only drink milk in moderation, right?

Too bad dairy tastes so good, huh. I'm gonna try this too.. I did it once, but I can't remember the results. No more morning-youghurt!:doubt:

i've seen huge improvment since getting rid of dairy (and sugar, coffee and cutting back on wheat). but i really believe the dairy is key, since i didn't eat much of the other things before, but loved me some cheese!

btw, for those of you missing your cheese, i have a really good recipe for nacho 'cheese'. it uses cashews and nutritional yeast. it looks really weird when you're making it, but it tastes pretty yummy with nacho chips... i actually couldn't believe it. here it is....

http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2006/10/na...cheese-dip.html

I think milk does contribute to acne because I use to drink it a lot and would break out and my cousin who drinks milk with EVERYTHING (4 cups daily) is starting to get acne and hes only 13...

this is so true. I don't drink milk that often but a couple of days ago I did, and now I have 2 new cysts. CRAP. but oh well, NO MORE!

just say no! - but take supplements

post-58721-1180632453_thumb.jpg

post-58721-1180632453_thumb.jpg

Those that get acne from milk are 'those that get acne from milk'. I am not stopping drinking milk. Osteoperosis > Acne. Case closed.

:ninja:

You can take calcium supplements, just cuz you stop drinking milk doesn't mean you have to stop taking calcium. Also, there are other kinds of milk, like rice milk, that are fortified with calcium.

I've been drinking milk again this month, plus eating ice cream and cheese...I definitely think it is aggravating my skin. Milk, stress, lack of sleep...those are my 3 worst skin enemies.

Most people on earth are lactose intolerant and they don't use calcium supplements. Milk causes cancer, so even if it doesn't affect your acne, it isn't healthy for you. You get better calcium from other sources of foods. The people who promote the myth of milk being somehow an essential part of human diet are the same people that sell hormones to the diary farms.

Those that get acne from milk are 'those that get acne from milk'. I am not stopping drinking milk. Osteoperosis > Acne. Case closed.

You have a higher chance of getting Osteoperosis if you drink milk...

if it were only that simple. you (the op) probably have an intolerance to milk and dairy. personally i never ever drink milk. and very rarely use any other dairy (sometimes i use sprinkle cheese if i have pasta, but that is about it) because i find milk disgusting. and i still got cystic acne.