Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paks91

someone with OILY skin cured after Accutane treatment?

I started Accutane 5 month ago( 30mg) , for oily skin and for a low acne.

From what ive read ... most of ppl with oily skin didnt cure after taking accutane

Im very worried, oily skin really sucks :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

From what ive read ... most of ppl with oily skin didnt cure after taking accutane

It didn't cure me. It helped for a few years though, then all the oil came right back.

It didn't cure me. It helped for a few years though, then all the oil came right back.

:wall::wall: Thats awfull . i wanna hear somebody that cured.. Nobody?? Then acuutane sucks for oily skin and we shud know this to avoid it

Yep, my oily skin came back after about 6 months, the tane did a good job on the acne but it was always the oily skin that i went on the drug.]

Thinking about going on it again- yes just to stop the oily skin!

:think: i didnt know they gave tane out 4 oily skin...seems a joke to me when people in worse cases cant get it

i know yeah it is horrible but i was stating people in very worse cases cant get tane n u can...im not blaiming u or anythin....im glad ya can get it but it doesnt seem right to others who cant

damn... my skin is still oily.. and im on 5th month of tane...

anyway is not like before, is less oil.. but im affraid that after ill finish the course will be worse

Im 2 months post Tane and the oil sadly has returned and each day is more oily. I dont believe is shrinks the oil glands forever like derms. claim.

Im 2 months post Tane and the oil sadly has returned and each day is more oily. I dont believe is shrinks the oil glands forever like derms. claim.

:think: i didnt know they gave tane out 4 oily skin...seems a joke to me when people in worse cases cant get it

Hi Paks91,

Accutane did control my the oil on my face very well( I had very oily skin) when I'm on it. I must say though that the oil did come back after stopping medication.

Best,

Sherry

Hi there -

I read that Tennessegrl has been off Accutane 1 year and says her skin is much less oily. You may wish to PM her or read her post. If you don't mind I have a few questions for you. First, a little about me.

I also am on low dose Accutane and saw you are too. I'm on only 10mg day (very mild acne mainly on my chin). I started 4/27. I also have very mild Rosacea (pink cheeks and nose) and this is why my Derm. wants to start off very low. I may go up to 20mg this next week though and if so, this will be the highest they will put me at. I will probably be on Accutane 6 months. So far, my face is less oily, which is great. I have an oily t-zone and it's nice not having to blot a few times a day. My side effects have kicked in, the joint aches/backaches. Also, I've gained a few pounds, which I don't like, as I'm a petite gal, but hopefully I don't balloon up - ha!

Do you like the results so far being on Accutane 5 months? Did you have mild acne and is it gone now? How is your skintone and redness (if any)? I saw in another post of yours that you have open pores..is this from Accutane pushing the blackheads/sebum out and the pores remain open or ?? How long will you be on Accutane?

Hope all is going good. I appreciate any info. you have. Feel free to PM as well.

Yvette

I haven't read all the posts, but I am a year post-tane and I was EXTREMELY OILY before accutane, and the oil has not come back for me.

Hi there -

I read that Tennessegrl has been off Accutane 1 year and says her skin is much less oily. You may wish to PM her or read her post. If you don't mind I have a few questions for you. First, a little about me.

I also am on low dose Accutane and saw you are too. I'm on only 10mg day (very mild acne mainly on my chin). I started 4/27. I also have very mild Rosacea (pink cheeks and nose) and this is why my Derm. wants to start off very low. I may go up to 20mg this next week though and if so, this will be the highest they will put me at. I will probably be on Accutane 6 months. So far, my face is less oily, which is great. I have an oily t-zone and it's nice not having to blot a few times a day. My side effects have kicked in, the joint aches/backaches. Also, I've gained a few pounds, which I don't like, as I'm a petite gal, but hopefully I don't balloon up - ha!

Do you like the results so far being on Accutane 5 months? Did you have mild acne and is it gone now? How is your skintone and redness (if any)? I saw in another post of yours that you have open pores..is this from Accutane pushing the blackheads/sebum out and the pores remain open or ?? How long will you be on Accutane?

Hope all is going good. I appreciate any info. you have. Feel free to PM as well.

Yvette

Hi -

Thanks for your response.

You mention you are still oily - do you think your 20-30mg dosage was adequate? I know the range is usually .5-1mg per KG of weight. Did your Derm. decide based on your skin/acne that a lower dose was best? Each person is different though. Maybe you will see some continued progress once you stop too.

My Derm. just put me on 20mg today, and she said if it's too much, like more side effects or severe redness, then we will dose back down to 10mg day. I'd rather play it safe and not risk worsening my Rosacea. I'd rather have my chin acne versus permanent flushing. My Derm. did say that 20mg day is still under the .5mg recommendation and shouldn't worsen my Rosacea.

Good luck and thanks for sharing!

Yvette

Hi there -

Yvette