Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plateaukid

Derm. Aggressively Pushing Cooltouch On Me

I'm seeing this derm. right now to get my acne under control again before I do Fraxel. Problem is that even though I am on medication and it's working he still wants to push Cooltouch on me, saying that it is 80% for active acne, and about 20% for scars.

I've previously had Smoothbeam done for active acne and acne scars and I was disappointed with the results. He's trying to convince me that Cooltouch is alot better for active acne and acne scars.

I don't want to spend money on something that isn't going to really do much in the end for me again. I'd rather spend the money on Fraxel because the prescripitions are working well. Yet this guy brings this up every single time I go in for a follow-up. This most recent time he looked at me in an odd way and asked me "Why do you not want to do Cooltouch". Personally I find that to be overly aggressive, especially given the fact that I've told him of the previous non-ablative lasers I tried. I'm thinking I should ditch this guy and find someone who is not as aggressive in trying to sell me something that costs $500 a treatment, and leave me with no money left for Fraxel. Any thoughts?

I'm seeing this derm. right now to get my acne under control again before I do Fraxel. Problem is that even though I am on medication and it's working he still wants to push Cooltouch on me, saying that it is 80% for active acne, and about 20% for scars.

I've previously had Smoothbeam done for active acne and acne scars and I was disappointed with the results. He's trying to convince me that Cooltouch is alot better for active acne and acne scars.

I don't want to spend money on something that isn't going to really do much in the end for me again. I'd rather spend the money on Fraxel because the prescripitions are working well. Yet this guy brings this up every single time I go in for a follow-up. This most recent time he looked at me in an odd way and asked me "Why do you not want to do Cooltouch". Personally I find that to be overly aggressive, especially given the fact that I've told him of the previous non-ablative lasers I tried. I'm thinking I should ditch this guy and find someone who is not as aggressive in trying to sell me something that costs $500 a treatment, and leave me with no money left for Fraxel. Any thoughts?

He is probably trying to push it to pay for his machine or profit of course. He may think it will do good though. I think his pushiness is a bit tacky though and you know he cannot force you to do it so to get him off your case, you may say you want to wait 6 months or something before deciding. But still, tacky for sure. I have never had this happen but feel I was misled about smoothbeam at the beginning of a series of treatments. While it may be beneficial for a few folks and does tighten the skin nicely, it does not do alot for older scars.

get a new dermatologist. if you expressed to him that you do not want the treatment and he keeps pushing it on you, you should find someone else with whom you can have better rapport. this man clearly does not respect you as a patient.

just think, if you keep going to him you may eventually give in to the treatment he recommends for you. and if something goes wrong or you find it's just a waste of money you will never forgive yourself for letting yourself be swayed by him.