Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just posting this because I think it's helping my cystic acne. I was on the pill Yasmin and

it was not helping and all the things my derm gave me were not helping my cystic acne!

BUT-- for some reason I started taking my hubands vitamins Ecspecially for Men and

noticed that my face was clearing up. I don't usually buy a multivitamin so I got into

his and then read the ingredients--saw palmetto, stinging nettle, and pumpkin seed. All

of these herbs I know are anti-androgens and are probably added for men because of

thinning hair problems. (Anti-androgens help to reduce baldness as well) Anyway-

can somebody with severe cysts try these vits and get back to me? They are Vitamin Shoppe

brand and can be bought online too. Please let me know--they worked fast for me. I

only took a half because they are big pills too.

My mom is an RN and she suggested I stay away from Multi Vitamins. It has been proven that Multi Vitamins can cause prostate cancer. I am a woman but still. I never know. There could be a nasty side effect for woman to :shrug:

Maybe because that during that time, Yasmin effects haven't started working yet or the effects aren't working enough so with the combo it works well together. I am taking fish oils and dianette together and the effects are good!

dear cyndipa...

thanks for your post. I just wanted to let you know that I read a while back, with more than one reference I think, that it is not advised to take BCP and saw palmetto at the same time. i could be wrong as it was a while ago...but for your health's sake, please check again....

I'm taking a mens vitamin too its called true green or something it contains all the stuff u mentioned and im on yasmin....i hope this is safe

Just posting this because I think it's helping my cystic acne. I was on the pill Yasmin and

it was not helping and all the things my derm gave me were not helping my cystic acne!

BUT-- for some reason I started taking my hubands vitamins Ecspecially for Men and

noticed that my face was clearing up. I don't usually buy a multivitamin so I got into

his and then read the ingredients--saw palmetto, stinging nettle, and pumpkin seed. All

of these herbs I know are anti-androgens and are probably added for men because of

thinning hair problems. (Anti-androgens help to reduce baldness as well) Anyway-

can somebody with severe cysts try these vits and get back to me? They are Vitamin Shoppe

brand and can be bought online too. Please let me know--they worked fast for me. I

only took a half because they are big pills too.

HI, i am convinced my acne that appeared out of no where has to do with my hormones. I have low progesterone and take natural progesterone cream & i believe it is also raising my testosterone and causing me to break out during that time of the month. I began researching anti androgen herbs and actually just began today taking my dad's prostate health herbal mixture. It too has saw palmetto and stinging nettle. Other than that they will probably put me on the pill which may or may not be an answer. I am so thankful to see that someone else is doing this. I will see what happens, and i am going to the doctor again so we will see what they think also.