Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Cubsfan

Raw Food for Acne Scars

Guest Cubsfan

Has anyone tried going on a raw foods diet for their acne scars?

I remembered a thread where this guy had some solid improvements with his scars simply being on a Raw Foods Diet for like 10 months straight. He posted his pictures its taken down now, but they were really good, so good its inspired me to follow suit. I'm just suprised there's not more attention given to this. Well I tried a raw foods diet for like 30 days like a couple of years ago and gave up, but I'm going to go back on it and stay there for like a year or two. Who knows?

After re-reading the thread against, there was so much doubt and ignorant people no wonder he doesn't post anymore.

anyway here's the link to the old thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=123428&hl=

Here I'll copy the entire first thread for you lazy mofos out there

Guys n Gals.

I used to lurk here a couple of years ago trying different methods to fix my acne scars. I had hundreds of pore-type scars from very bad acne.

Here's what I tried,

1. Peels - useless (only good for even pigmentation, even that could be tricky)

1. Tretinoin - about 20% improvement over a long period of time (I did it consistently for two years)

2. Laser - useless and dangerous for my skin type (Type IV). Didn't do a damn thing.

3. Needling - useless (will make you look like pizza face for 3 weeks). Don't even bother trying it.

5. TCA cross - useless (I suspect the doctor didn't use 100% tca).

Anyway with alot of money spent I never came back to this site until now. I decided that I was going to live with my scars and that my method of healing my skin was to eat a healthy diet. (this was two years ago).

Come this year -- I discovered the "Raw Food" diet. Now let me tell you -- this was the best thing I have ever done for my skin. Not only will your skin look healthy but the diet will slowly shrink your scars to oblivion and that over time, you will feel more comfortable with your skin.

I still have scars but it is not as bad as it was two years ago -- they have shrunk considerably. I've been on the raw food diet for 10 months now. You guys must give it a try and not waste your time doing external remedies which don't work. Good skin starts with what you put in your mouth!!!

Here's what I look like now. I don't have a before picture but as you can see, I still have scars on my face but it doesn't bother me anymore. Good luck in your search.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=281520403&size=l

Guest sm_oore

Yeah i also heard something like fasting for awhile could supposedly break up scar tissue ???

Some people do both simultaneously. They fast on raw juices -- carrot, apple, etc. -- made with a juicer. When I was juicing daily, my skin looked incredible.

yeah i have been reading about this also. I have been eating very healthy, not 100 percent raw er whatever, but pretty darn close, only about 3 o 4 days on it but i am going to try going for a while at least a couple of months and see if I think it is worth continuing from there.

And yeah I read that if you fast on juices that your body uses the stuff which is the least important including tumors, cysts and other such parts of yourself which you would be better off without. I have also been drinking Kombucha juice everyday which is supposed to be very good for you. I am reading a book called the clear skin prescription which basically tells you everything you know but in a more informative way.

no offense, but that fasting theory is crap. when you consume less calories then you burn, your body uses it's reserves of fat and protein for energy....NOT connective tissue. We would be in big trouble if our bodies started using connective tissue for energy. Maybe losing weight makes scars less noticible though....

This is what I have read. I'm sure there is more information which could more clearly define this, however, I too doubt it would break up scar tissue, but I don't really know.

from the aritcle "A Juice Fasting How to Guide," by Chet Day.

"From what I've read and heard, most people experience the same lack of hunger after two or three days. Interestingly, once the body shifts to its built-in fat-burning metabolism and starts living off its own stores, all hunger completely disappears. Tests have shown, by the way, that the body uses selective intelligence while consuming its own stores and digests inferior parts of itself like tumors and cysts and so on while simultaneously living off the fat of the land, so to speak, stored so neatly away.

Contrary to popular belief, the body doesn't start eating your heart and brain when you stop chomping down on Big Macs and/or whole wheat toast. When your body has consumed everything it has to consume within without harming itself, it'll let you know big time, and in spades, with a raging hunger that apparently is something to behold. I've never fasted that long myself so can't write from experience, but I've heard it often enough from other people to believe that the body won't allow itself to starve to death."

http://chetday.com/jfast.html

Guest Cubsfan

I have no doubt that a Raw Food Diet can bring optimal health and clear skin.

Will it fill in scar tissues? Thats still debate-able

I think if you load your body with raw foods it will create a healing environment within and if you undergo external treatments like fraxel it'll only optimise the overall results.