Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's not a papule. I've had papules before.

It's not a pustule. I've had those, too.

It's not a whitehead, or a blackhead.

Has anyone ever had an inflammed bump on their face that isn't big/hard enough to be a cyst/papule, but still doesn't come to a head like a pustule? I know it's not a bug-bite, either.

I'm thinking it's an infected whitehead (closed comedone), but I'm not sure. The red area is about the width of a pencil eraser, but the bump is comparatively tiny (pustule size, but no head).

I don't suppose anyone has had this before and could help me clear it? I'm on minocycline and I've been attacking it with bp, but I'm going to visit my folks next week and I want clear(er) skin because they judge me VERY harshly (to quote my sister, "I may be fat, but at least I don't have acne." T.T).

Wow, that's some harsh judging by your folks. It's not something you can control. I hate when people have to pump themselves up by putting others down. My mom never stops commenting on how beautiful her skin was in high school.

I think I know what your describing. I have a couple of comedones that have been on my chin for about 6 weeks now. Around two weeks ago they became slighly inflammed and a bit red, i was expecting them to turn into pustules but they never did. They're still there now and they look exactly the same. I started putting BHA on them a couple of days ago and they have shrunk slightly, maybe you should try that?

I was stupid and picked at it. Stupid stupid, but I couldn't face going to work with that huge thing on my face. The ice didn't work; it actually gave me a headache. I'll ice it again tonight and take another painkiller to bring down the swelling.

Thanks for the advice. ^^

Wow, that's some harsh judging by your folks. It's not something you can control. I hate when people have to pump themselves up by putting others down. My mom never stops commenting on how beautiful her skin was in high school.

That must hurt when she does it. I try to ignore it, but I know I'll be terribly smug when I'm clear and my sis can't hold it over my head anymore. xP

Oh. I never thought of that. I thought nodules were actually the bigger kinds of cysts.