Applying jojoba oil...

Notifications
Clear all

Applying jojoba oil before BP?

MemberMember
(@whatthechelle)

Posted : 05/18/2007 9:32 pm

I've been on the regular regimen for a year or so.. Dan's cleanser, wait 5-15 mins, BP, wait 5-15 mins, then moisturize (neutrogena healthy skin face lotion+cetaphil or jojoba in the daytime and jojoba+cetaphil at night). However, it just takes so much time, and recently I've been so tired I've been falling asleep before I can finish the regimen and breaking out because of this, so I've been wanting something that isn't so time consuming. Joel told me about his altered regimen in the chat, which is cleanser, jojoba, then BP, with no waiting time in between any of them. I tried it a couple times, and as far as I can tell it seems fine, but I won't really know how my acne reacts to it for a while of course. The thing I'm wondering about especially is if the BP will still absorb well if applied after jojoba oil?

MemberMember
(@xec)

Posted : 05/18/2007 9:58 pm

Jojoba acts as a carrier oil, it helps the BP penetrate deeper into the pores to fight acne!

MemberMember
(@whatthechelle)

Posted : 05/18/2007 10:08 pm

oh! wonderful. thanks :D

MemberMember
(@evahonestly)

Posted : 05/18/2007 11:50 pm

I always do jojoba before BP, I really think it's helped my skin.

MemberMember
(@cool-as-kim-deal)

Posted : 05/19/2007 3:08 pm

Yeah, I actually much prefer using jojoba oil before I apply BP instead of applying it afterwards or mixing it in with my moisturizer. I cleanse, pat dry, apply jojoba oil, give it a couple of minutes to sink in, apply BP, and then when the BP dries, my face isn't nearly as tight and I use less moisturizer. I've been doing this for several months now and it does not seem to have reduced the efficacy of BP at all. If you use too much jojoba oil then the BP can take longer to apply streak-free, but as long as you don't go overboard, I think using jojoba oil in this way is fantastic.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/19/2007 3:43 pm

On a related note, what would happen if BP was just part of a moisturizer? This is common with Salicylic Acid but I personally haven't seen it with BP.

Most people even those without acne, moisturize, it would be less of a hassle if BP was just in the moisturizer rather as a separate step and make it almost similar to non acne sufferers regimens.

If u mix equal parts 10% BP with any moisturizer you have 5% BP!

Or mix 1 part 10% to 3 parts moisturizer for 2.5%!

MemberMember
(@jlandin1986)

Posted : 04/27/2014 2:25 pm

If you apply jojoba oil before the BP, will it still help keep your face hydrated after applying BP and then the moisturizer?