Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive seen a lot of people saying 'NEVER GO ON ACCUTANE!' for various reasons from some recent random searches and let me tell you, Accutane undoubtedly saved my life.

I have a very bad case obsessive compulsive dissorder and to me, my acne looked about 6000x than anyone else. It became so bad I couldnt function:

I refused to go to school

I refused to leave the house

I became disconnected with family/friends

I fell into an incredibly deep state of depression

I attempted suicide

:boohoo:

All this, very vain, I know, but to me, going out with a paper bag IN ALL HONESTY would have been better than going out with my face showing. I had tried so many treatments in the 3.5 years of having acne that I dont even want to think about going into it. Unfortunately, there is only 1 - YES 1 - dermatologist in my ENTIRE PROVINCE. The waiting list to see that man was literally 7 months and my acne had been large and inflammitory for about a year. So my appointment came around, and Accutane was brought up. Of course I accepted to try 80mg for 5 months (I weigh 140 pounds to whom ever may concern). The first month came with my intial breakout and it was hell, but that aside, Accutane gave me a steady progression towards clear skin. At the end of month 3 I had unreal joint pain, was so tired I needed 12 hours of sleep everynight, but feeling better than I had in YEARS.

Im a month done my course and I have no active acne and very few red marks or scars, and where there are scars, they are so small you can BARELY see them, and it feels overwhelmingly great. My life has been brought back to normal. My marks are WAY up, Ive gotten back to normal with my friends, I go out, I work, and I have some confidence!

Im not saying Accutane is for everyone, yeah its hell, yeah theres large risks you take, but I think I could make a decent posterchild for what good it is capable of.

I just thought Id share, plus I was bored :D.

Ive seen a lot of people saying 'NEVER GO ON ACCUTANE!' for various reasons from some recent random searches and let me tell you, Accutane undoubtedly saved my life.

I have a very bad case obsessive compulsive dissorder and to me, my acne looked about 6000x than anyone else. It became so bad I couldnt function:

I refused to go to school

I refused to leave the house

I became disconnected with family/friends

I fell into an incredibly deep state of depression

I attempted suicide

:boohoo:

All this, very vain, I know, but to me, going out with a paper bag IN ALL HONESTY would have been better than going out with my face showing. I had tried so many treatments in the 3.5 years of having acne that I dont even want to think about going into it. Unfortunately, there is only 1 - YES 1 - dermatologist in my ENTIRE PROVINCE. The waiting list to see that man was literally 7 months and my acne had been large and inflammitory for about a year. So my appointment came around, and Accutane was brought up. Of course I accepted to try 80mg for 5 months (I weigh 140 pounds to whom ever may concern). The first month came with my intial breakout and it was hell, but that aside, Accutane gave me a steady progression towards clear skin. At the end of month 3 I had unreal joint pain, was so tired I needed 12 hours of sleep everynight, but feeling better than I had in YEARS.

Im a month done my course and I have no active acne and very few red marks or scars, and where there are scars, they are so small you can BARELY see them, and it feels overwhelmingly great. My life has been brought back to normal. My marks are WAY up, Ive gotten back to normal with my friends, I go out, I work, and I have some confidence!

Im not saying Accutane is for everyone, yeah its hell, yeah theres large risks you take, but I think I could make a decent posterchild for what good it is capable of.

I just thought Id share, plus I was bored :D.

Great post...and nothing but truth.

Taking accutane was one of the best decisions ive ever made.