Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnnery

I want to forget about scars in 2004

That's my resolution (if you can call it one). I intend to keep applying the topicals I'm currently using, maybe get another needling or two and just try my damndest to just get past this feeling of being a slave to my scars. It's gotten to be a real drag and frankly, I've bottomed out and am just plain sick and tired of worrying about how I look. Worrying about different lighting and different angles and all that stuff has just worn me down, you know?

My friend Kathy, an artist, just came back from spending one year in China and she saw me today for the first time in 2 years. When I opened the door and she saw me in the sunlight she said she thought my face looked like a baby's butt! LOL (I think she meant it as a compliment!) Anyway, when she said that it made my day and it also made me think that while I may never be able to erase all the acne scars from my face, my skin care regimen is helping to keep my skin looking as healthy as possible and maybe, just maybe, I will be able to live with just that in 2004. I'm going to try. I like the feeling of gratitude a lot better than resentment and I'm grateful I can walk, talk, think, dream and laugh.

That said, I wish everyone here good health, much happiness and scar-free skin in the New Year.

John

I like the feeling of gratitude a lot better than resentment and I'm grateful I can walk, talk, think, dream and laugh.  

Great post Jonnery, and those are great words to live by!

Your sentiments are the healhiest expression of reality, and how to be in it, that I have read on any of these posts.

The bottom line is that most people do not give one shit about how your face looks. But when you become self-conscious about it , that vibe is transferred as if it were magic to the other person(s). Then they become uncomfortable. Forget it, and everyone else will also.

Be brave, be tough and live life.

James

John,

I think that's a good philosophy to have and I wish you all of the luck.

Here's hoping you have a peaceful, content, and happy 2004.

P.S.~ I hope you visit the boards (if you can) to say "hello" every so often.

John,

What a great post! I just lost a really good friend to a heart attack at age 51. He left behind a 14 year old son and a wife. So, I agree, I will try to not let scarring take away more from my life than it already has. I am going to work on the cure, but I am also going to be more outgoing and less fearful of criticism and judgement.

Thanks John and good luck!

Anna

My friendship and respect goes out to all of you. But, I'm not going away! I still want to be active here...to ask advice, and to give it, too, if I can. I learn a lot on these Boards and I like the feeling that we're all here for each other. My not wanting to dwell on my acne scars is my own personal goal, but I still want to learn about effective protocols for optimum skin health and to share what I know about the issues we're all interested in, too. So, I'll still be around. I just don't want to hyperfocus on my scars anymore (and I imagine that's not going to be easy, either, but I do want to try).

I totally relate to what you are saying John. But don't go too far though, I always like your 'company' here! biggrin.gif

Jonnery

I'm sorry that some treatments haven't worked for you, but there are new treatments being developed that may help n the future. I waited 20 years for a treatment for ice pick scars to come along. This is my time now, I want to forget about my scars by getting rid of them. I have that hope with Cross TCA and treatment will come along for you someday. [-o<

I'd like to forget about scars this year as well. smile.gif

Unfortunately I won't forget about them unless I no longer look in mirrors or unless I am completely rid of them.

Here is my current plan of action for this year:

I had needling done in mid December, so I will wait a couple of months to see how that turned out. Thus far, I haven't noticed any improvement. If at around 8 weeks, I've noticed improvement from needling, then I will go ahead and have it done again. I'll repeat this process up to 4 times this year.

In the meantime, I am using a gentle cleanser, the diluted vinegar as toner, and an antioxidant/ala/dmae treatment.

If I don't see any improvement from needling, then I will most likely give TCA a try, though I am not eager to do this on myself. I will of course read all the information on the procedure before going through with it.

The other option I am considering is Fat Transfer, but it is a very costly procedure here, in Colorado (approximately $5k). I will need to save/plan for that in the future if the above treatments do not work for me.

Here's to 2004! Let's hope more procedures will be discovered this year that will be hopeful for acne scar sufferers everywhere! biggrin.gif

Hey John - I wanted to tell you to take a look at the BioLamp - I think it would definately help with your oily skin.

Thank you everyone. Maya, I have emailed James at BioLamp to ask him how I can order one for home use here in the U.S. I was initially concerned that U.S. consumers would need to purchase a special adapter to plug the lamp into our sockets but he assured me that we don't. If the BioLamp can help normalize oily skin then I will definitely order it.

Well John - My skin is only slightly oily - but the Biolamp really has normalised it in a big way. I think it is helping with general skin condition too.

Does James offer a money back trial? Here in the UK we have a 1 month money back (well, 85%) guarantee if it's not suitable.. anyway, I'm keeping mine as it's fantastic for stress reduction as well.