Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
june bug

NLite-V laser and PPx

Hi everyone,

I need your advise, those of you who have had NLite or PPx (Pore-Cleansing acne treatments). I visited a laser clinic this morning, and they looked at my problem area (jawline) where I get hormonal acne (some cystic, mostly pustules) and I have about 60 redmarks from old acne. They recommended a treatment package of 6 visits, where they would do the NLite-V laser and the Painless PPx Pore cleansing acne treatment, for a total of $1,750 USD. It would apparently clear me up and clear the redmarks too.

Is that expensive for this type of treatment? I have no idea. I can afford it but I can think of lots of other things I could spend that money on.

Has anyone ever had those treatments, and if so, was it worth it? I just need help making the decision. Thank you!

Its my opinion that you should walk away from this crap. Others on the board and myself who have tried N-Lite laser treatment have been left in a worse off condition. First of all, it didnt do what they claimed it would (kill acne bacteria under the skin) and made my skin very very oily. The only thing that has then worked to stop the huge oil production and acne was Accutune.

Accutane is the only real answer to clearing your skin.

Its my opinion that you should walk away from this crap. Others on the board and myself who have tried N-Lite laser treatment have been left in a worse off condition. First of all, it didnt do what they claimed it would (kill acne bacteria under the skin) and made my skin very very oily. The only thing that has then worked to stop the huge oil production and acne was Accutune.

I had 6 treatments. It wasnt the money that pissed me off, it was the fact that it made my skin so much more oily, and it was practically a scam. These people know people with acne are desperate to try anything to get rid of it. Therefore I didnt even read the small print on the form I signed. Treatment didnt work, started to get huge oil production.

It was just a mistake, at least I tried something else before accutane but in reality it was a waste of time, money and hope.

I cant see how N-lite can help red marks. By its very nature it is more likely to leave you with red marks.

I'm really trying to save you from making the same mistake I did. See through this scam, thats all these dertmatology companies with the N-Lite laser are doing to people, scamming them. They show you images of before and after etc.... you get your hopes built up, you sign a form, jump in the chair, hand over your money and its all BS, there laughing !

You have given me some things to think about, thanks for that. My visit to the clinic was initially for a large, hyperpigmented scar on my arm, which I was interested in having lasered to reduce redness. They recommended NLite for it. While I was waiting I asked the Dr.'s consultant about what they can do for acne redmarks, so I guess I opened up a whole can of worms! So, they do use the NLite for hyperpigmentation, if that's what they were planning on using on my arm. Maybe I'll have the arm treated first and if it works out good I'll consider the facial treatments. The reviews on NLite seem to be 50/50... some say it's remarkable, others it didn't work at all. It's really too bad that clinics charge so much for stuff like that; they do it because they can and people will pay. And if it doesn't work for you, SOL, they have made their money. I'm sure it costs them a lot to purchase the laser equipment, and rent or buy a facility, but come on, the treatment only takes like 30 minutes or less. People have become so incredibly greedy. Ok, now I'll get off my soapbox. Thanks again for your advice!

Oh, yes, and the package deal included this treatment too: http://goslencenter.com/PPxPoreCleansing.asp

Nlite isn't even supposed to help with redmarks. The only things it's meant to help with is acne, and supposedly it can help stimulate collagen to help indented scars (though I hear this takes MANY treatments). If redmarks are your main issue, you'd be better off looking into VBeam.

Thats correct, they are simply taking advantage of the desperation of someone with acne. They know you will pay.

"But i've had 4 treatments, why isnt this working yet ???"

-- "oh you neeed another 2 or 3, than you'll start seeing results..."

Yeah the laser equipment must cost a lot of money, i'd guess at least $15,000, so of course they are going to push it like crazy.

But I think this time........, its not for you. I'd get the mark on your arm tested first before letting that thing near your face. Remember, for me and many other people, it wasnt a case of just not working, it made things worse.

Thats correct, they are simply taking advantage of the desperation of someone with acne. They know you will pay.

"But i've had 4 treatments, why isnt this working yet ???"

-- "oh you neeed another 2 or 3, than you'll start seeing results..."

Yeah the laser equipment must cost a lot of money, i'd guess at least $15,000, so of course they are going to push it like crazy.

But I think this time........, its not for you. I'd get the mark on your arm tested first before letting that thing near your face. Remember, for me and many other people, it wasnt a case of just not working, it made things worse.

The lasers usually cost $65,000 to $200,000. And they are often obsolete within 2 to 3 years.

Acne scars and acne can clear up with 2 Thermage Treatments, a series of 5 IPL treatments, or a series of chemical peels. I have friends who have been totally clear for three to seven years with each of these treatments.

Just get a doctor who is experienced and who is board certified in Laser Surgery so you know that you are being treated by an expert. It really makes a difference.

Hi there

I recently had a consultation for N-Lite and was told it was ONLY effective on acne vulgaris, NOT on cystic acne (in fact they said it could make this worse) and NOT redmarks. Despite the fact that I have mostly cystic acne and red marks, and that was what I was going for, they still really pushed me to go for it. However I decided against it after reading about people's less than satisfactory experiences with it on these boards. The clinic suggested products containig glycolic acid to get rid of the red marks, but at about £50 a bottle I can't afford it.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks you guys, for all of your input. I think I'll save my money.

I have had 2 ppx treatments and I can already see a difference.

The only misleading thing I've found is that the machine is supose to pull whatever is in your pore out of it, leaving your pore clean. In my case the machine actually pulled everything from the depths of the pore to the surface of the pore. After both treatments I had clogged pores and blackheads all over my face. I am not to happy about that. It clears up after about 3 days.

Also, it is not entirely painless. I left with an intense headache that lasted for 3 days. The technician said that was the first time she's heard of that, so maybe it's just me. I am sensitive to light and the light is extremely strong.

I noticed someone mentioned Accutane. I would not recommend that. It is a very dangerous drug. The company has been sued many times by users of the drugs, however they are not allowed to talk about their experience. Buyer beware.