Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RoxyHart

Struggling with jealously......how do you guys cope?

I'm normally pretty content but i've been struggling so much with jealously lately.

I'm VERY competetive so I always want the highest grade, to look the best out of everyone in a swimsuit, to answer to most questions, to have the best style etc....

And of course, being human, I can't be the best at everything......but sometimes I am just sick to my stomach with jealousy when someone makes a higher grade than me or something like that. And, the other day at the pool with my friends, I could hardly stand to look at my friend because she looked SO SO SO amazing in her swimsuit. I mean, she puts models to shame.

And now i'm studying my rear end off to make a higher SAT score than my friends even though I know they will make higher scores than me since they are wwaayy better at math. (I have mild dyslexia when it comes to math, I have trouble with abstract concepts)

I dunno why i'm ranting...........i'm just so sick of being jealous all the time.........

Guest Cubsfan

I have the same problem.

I see a gorgeous girl with a guy and I think....why I can't I be that guy

or how much my peers have achieved and me so little

The jealousy really eats you up inside and it sucks. We should really try to want others to be as happy as possible and to compete at being happy. I find myself performing well when I set my goal of having the most fun.

Now I try to set my bar low enough for me to jump over and when I do, i should be happy and content.

Whoever said shoot for the moon even if you miss you'll land among the stars, didn't realise that the stars are further away from the earth than the moon.

I'm normally pretty content but i've been struggling so much with jealously lately.

I'm VERY competetive so I always want the highest grade, to look the best out of everyone in a swimsuit, to answer to most questions, to have the best style etc....

And of course, being human, I can't be the best at everything......but sometimes I am just sick to my stomach with jealousy when someone makes a higher grade than me or something like that. And, the other day at the pool with my friends, I could hardly stand to look at my friend because she looked SO SO SO amazing in her swimsuit. I mean, she puts models to shame.

And now i'm studying my rear end off to make a higher SAT score than my friends even though I know they will make higher scores than me since they are wwaayy better at math. (I have mild dyslexia when it comes to math, I have trouble with abstract concepts)

I dunno why i'm ranting...........i'm just so sick of being jealous all the time.........

Guest Kimmay

you need to stop comparing yourself to others. Strive to be YOUR best instead of "THE best". If you are constantly competeing with yourself then you will naturally get better all the time. Jealousy can eat away at a person.

It sounds like you thought your friend looked better than you in her swimsuit. Well, if it is possible for you to look better in yours, and if this is something that you want, then GET TO WORK! Your only competition is with yourself. Do you have what it takes to be better than you are?

you need to stop comparing yourself to others. Strive to be YOUR best instead of "THE best". If you are constantly competeing with yourself then you will naturally get better all the time. Jealousy can eat away at a person.

It sounds like you thought your friend looked better than you in her swimsuit. Well, if it is possible for you to look better in yours, and if this is something that you want, then GET TO WORK! Your only competition is with yourself. Do you have what it takes to be better than you are?

Haha I DO get to work........constantly.........but unfortunetely she has a really good friend on her side called "genetics" if ya know what I mean.

I try not to compare myself to others but it's SO hard.....almost painful not to......I just don't know how to stop.

I'm the same. I struggle with jealously on an everyday basis but I don't let it consume me. I just try to be the best me, regardless of my many shortcomings. Who knows, those same people you're jealous of might be envious of your shoes, your weight, your hair etc. etc...

Ain't nothing wrong with striving to be the best. It's part of human nature.

You have to get a higher grade then everyone else? Get over it. It doesn't matter.

im jealous of alot of my friends....thier cars , houses and material things.

but i know for a fact that some of them wish they were as sharp and as witty as me.you CAN buy a mansion one day...you cant buy a humourous personality etc.

but i hear ya on the jealousy part and it sucks ripe balls

Im jealous of a lot of people. Im jealous of my mom because she doesnt have a learning disability, she is extremely smart, has a wonderful vocabulary, same with my dad. I am jealous of my friend Megan. She is 22, just graduated from RN school, and is gonna make $40+ an hour. I just have learned to deal with it. I cannot explain how

when i start feeling jealous of people for things they have (material things, good essay grades, perfect skin, big family etc) i just try and remember all the good things i have in my life and all the good personal qualities/characteristics about myself that many of them dont have. Who cares about a top score on a paper or a big fancy car if you're mean/stuck up/boring/shallow/not able to see the bigger picture in life?

If they are nice though i tend not to get jealous but be happy for them and it inspires me to achive the things i want that they have.

Failing that i go shopping and cheer myself up. Best shmest. I'll never be the best at anything but nobody will do things how i do them and thats good enough for me. Be unique. There will ALWAYS be someone smarter/funnier/prettier/better looking in a bikini than you. Forget them. Just be YOUR best, nobody elses.

Guest Cubsfan

Look at Roxyhart ...why is she so beautiful and genetics is so unkind to me

Bloody hell Erpatter he's so going to score with Roxyhart

Kimmay is so wise, wish I was as wise as her

reowSEXtasy ....I want her rainbow icon

Charlee Lee....with his ' You stop caring' comment, wish I could sum up posts in 3 words

Canadian Bacon...Australian bacon sucks

Fut....I want a jumping icon

Matt007...Man i want to be as sharp and witty as Matt

Guacamolly...Why is she so popular on these boards...sheesh

Jewel_001...seems like she's in love....wish I found my love

arrrrrggghhhhhh.............its driving me nuts

Be unique. There will ALWAYS be someone smarter/funnier/prettier/better looking in a bikini than you. Forget them. Just be YOUR best, nobody elses.

Jealousy has never really been that big of a deal for me. While I do get jealous sometimes about people making more money than me or somebody marrying my ex girlfriend...it doesn't consume my being though. Just being stuck in a state of depressing jealousy is no way to go through life.

I think jealousy is only natural and can actually be a good thing and motivate you to some new goals in life, you just can't get obcessed with being the absolute best at everything. Just do the best to your ability and you should be proud in doing that.

well theres nothing wrong with being competitive thats for sure, but you just have to be not so serious about it because no matter what you do someone is always going to be better then you at something, and the same goes for you, theres probably things that you are good at that other people just arent very great at.

So i like to to look at life as just a situation of circumstances, its the luck of the draw, some people will have a little more natural talent then you, some a little less. Everyone is dealt a different hand of cards in the game of life and you play them the best you can. The trick is to acknowledge you have no control over what cards you get, thats just the game of life, and that sometimes, aside from variables we can change by working our ass of at them, there are variables that we cannot change and its not always a fair distribution but everyone has the similar situations to deal with.

So just as you wouldnt go laughing at a bum on the street because his cards were tougher then yours is the same reason you shouldnt be jealous of what someone else has that you dont have. and perhaps you think that you would be happier if you had what they had, and perhaps that would be true but sometimes its the freedom from wanting that is the true path to happiness as some desires can be close to mental slavery.

Some desires can really be a vice and a downfall. For example, American greed and human consumption is really out of hand. More is not always better some times its the freedom of desire that is the true happiness, its just too stressful to keep up with the joneses all the time and thats really just years of big corporate advertising working its way into your mind, and in the end its about really pleasing your self and following your own agenda.

Its all feeding the american corporate machine so the secret ruling class that controls the government in america can collect taxes on it while you lose your mind in the rat race and never have time to learn that you are wasting your time.

Im jealous of a lot of people. Im jealous of my mom because she doesnt have a learning disability, she is extremely smart, has a wonderful vocabulary, same with my dad. I am jealous of my friend Megan. She is 22, just graduated from RN school, and is gonna make $40+ an hour. I just have learned to deal with it. I cannot explain how

You will make yourself miserable comparing yourself all the time. There will ALWAYS be someone who is prettier, skinnier, clearer, richer, smarter, etc etc ETC and until you acknowledge that, you will constantly be living in disappointment with yourself.

The second you feel yourself start to think, man, he/she is ___er than me, STOP IMMEDIATELY and reverse your thinking into "there will always be someone else who ISNT as smart/pretty/skinny/clear/etc etc as I AM" and eventually you will automatically start thinking the other way around without consciously having to put the brakes on yourself. Fake it til you make it, essentially.

I did it to stop hating on myself for acne, as a matter of fact. You will, I repeat WILL spiral into a deep depression if you let it control you.

I'm pretty much dead inside right now...

So I've stopped trying to be better then others.

I'm me and I'm happy where I'm at...

Jealousy can ruin so many good things.

Whenever I get jealous in situations that the OP described, I just imagine in my mind certain situations in which I'll best everyone else hands-down, and I feel better about myself. :)

I don't really find myself as the type of person who is competitive, but I'll step up to the plate when necessary.

Whenever I get jealous in situations that the OP described, I just imagine in my mind certain situations in which I'll best everyone else hands-down, and I feel better about myself. :)

I don't really find myself as the type of person who is competitive, but I'll step up to the plate when necessary.