Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CookieCrumbles

Aloe to treat active acne?

I've been reading that some of you use Aloe Vera gel on your face to treat acne and say that it works well to "dry it up". I am just confused b/c while I know it's not necessarily very hydrating, it is supposed to sooth, not dry, right?

Do any of you use them that get active pimples that turn into the bigger puss filled white heads? Does Aloe work for that kind of inflammatory acne?

I really like using Aloe - but thought it was only helpful in the moisturizing process. I'm very curious to hear from those of you who think it's actually helped stop active acne.

Thanks!

Aloe Vera mildens the inflammation - redness and size ect, for me at least

I've been reading that some of you use Aloe Vera gel on your face to treat acne and say that it works well to "dry it up". I am just confused b/c while I know it's not necessarily very hydrating, it is supposed to sooth, not dry, right?

Do any of you use them that get active pimples that turn into the bigger puss filled white heads? Does Aloe work for that kind of inflammatory acne?

I really like using Aloe - but thought it was only helpful in the moisturizing process. I'm very curious to hear from those of you who think it's actually helped stop active acne.

Thanks!

I use a mixture of aloe and a little bit of cetaphil. No, aloe doesn't dry acne up. People don't use aloe to dry sunburn off their backs :lol: . It has natural soothing/antiflamatory properties, like you thought. It's also very hydrating, which in a way, speeds up cell renewal and also helps heal old acne marks. I recommend pure organic aloe, though, over any random store brand. But that's just because I'm lame. :geek:

Aloe has definitely improved the clarity of my skin tone just by reducing redness and fading marks. It's definitely worth a shot to anyone else who is curious and reading this.

i have mosly red marks and some cysts, so im always using aloe vera, but i do get active acne somtimes and it clears up overnight afta using aloe vera, i dunno about aloe vera gel. but using a aloe vera plant defently does help.

http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=241

Check that out :)

This treatment is an all natural substance. The gel-like material found inside the plant consists of gibberellin and polysaccharides, which stimulate the skin and help with healing infected areas. The ingredients can greatly reduce swelling and inflammation surrounding the blemish. The gel also contains antibiotics, coagulating agents, pain inhibitors, and astringent materials. Aloe vera gel for acne stimulates new cell growth, increasing the skin's ability to heal scarred tissues on the face.

Remedies and treatment programs of this nature are simple to use and inexpensive to purchase. There are many different products available in drug stores and at cosmetic counters. To buy the purest form of Aloe Vera, look for products that are 100% and contain no additives or chemicals that could compound skin problems. It is even possible to purchase a plant, breaking open the succulent stems to obtain the gel compound inside of the plant. To use aloe vera gel for acne properly, apply the gel topically and liberally to skin after washing.