Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flyingeagle

what setting? (fraxel laser)

what is good setting for treating acne scars with Fraxel ? what is undertreatment?, what is too risky? please give me good answers. thanks

what is good setting for treating acne scars with Fraxel ? what is undertreatment?, what is too risky? please give me good answers. thanks

which model does your doc have?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=1860961

hmmm. that link doesn't seem to work. what'd i do wrong? anyhow - here's what it was meant to link to:

My derm said the Fraxel 1500 'protocol' (presumably for acne scars) started around 25Mj Level 6/8, but she likes to start at 30Mj Level 8 and get to 40Mj Level 10 asap if it is well tolerated. I really got the impression from that Fraxel webinar (https://reliant.webex.com/ec0507l/eventcenter/recording/recordAction.do?theAction=poprecord&path=pop_program_info&confViewID=300509920&siteurl=reliant) that Dr Geronomus (sp?) considered 40Mj like a 'norm' for acne scars and seemed almost keen to progress to even deeper penetrations.

U should not even ask for a specific setting if the doctor is capable then thehy already know what to do without having someone tell them info gathered from an internet site. Ask for photos if tyhey look good and are plentiful then the doctor knows what to do.

I asked to see before and afters of acne scar patients before I did Fraxel. Had excision and subcision done prior and finished things up with Fraxel. One of the nurses had acne scars and was doing Fraxel. I saw her face several months apart and she had a lot of improvement (her scars were much worse than mine) I don't know the settings but it did take awhile for the results to show up.

I would not suggest Fraxel treatmetns to anyone on here with less that very minor scarring. I had ice pick scars that were not big at all treated BEFORE ever thinking about Fraxel treatments. Don't waste your money do scar revision then Fraxel. U only have to wait 6 weeks from the time of excision/subcision to begin Fraxel and the results will be much better. I was nervous about the excision/subcisions but the doctor had photos and had done them a lot on acne scar patient. results were amazing and well worth the money and time I spent.

U should not even ask for a specific setting if the doctor is capable then thehy already know what to do without having someone tell them info gathered from an internet site.

Don't waste your money do scar revision then Fraxel. U only have to wait 6 weeks from the time of excision/subcision to begin Fraxel and the results will be much better.

U should not even ask for a specific setting if the doctor is capable then thehy already know what to do without having someone tell them info gathered from an internet site.

Don't waste your money do scar revision then Fraxel. U only have to wait 6 weeks from the time of excision/subcision to begin Fraxel and the results will be much better.

of course, but if the doctor doesn't go on a high enough setting, I want to be able to discuss it with him.

also: who unually does excision/subcision