Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Faydra Lune

Almay Smart Shade Makeup

Has anyone tried this yet? I was curious about it, but it's kind of expensive. Just wanted to know if it works for anyone. You can read about it on Almay's site.

I use it. I love the stuff....

It is sheer though, so it doesn't give that much coverage....probably sheer to light coverage. But it has a beautiful finish and afterfeel, it's not drying but not oily and it wears really well (silicone emulsions usually do).

It only comes in three shades. If you are having a hard time choosing go with the lighter one. It's so sheer it won't look pasty if it's too light.......

If you need more coverage us a seperate concealer on the spots that need extra help......

It's totally worth the $13.....

Oh, and look for the Smart Shade Blush to be out soon......

It's the only foundation I will wear. It's a nice light foundation that won't look thick and cakey. If you want full coverage, this is not going to provide that. But if you want a more natural look, this is a good one.

bought it in the uk on sale as it is struggling ($3)

I think its rubbish compared to what ive used, its the light shade and it doesnt have any real coverage and If you are a porcelain beauty like me it comes out a wonderous shade of jordan orange. I find other brands so so much better, dont be sucked in by the gimmick of the colour change!

I found it to me MUCH to sheer for me.

It is very sheer, that's true. I think that's why I like it, although I haven't worn it in months, lol. Most days I just wear my Coty powder.

I keep a tube of it around though in case I want a more made-up look.

^I went back to coty, BTW. I decided it was the Infallible that gave me cysts and to try the orgasmic coty again. So far so good.

Hrm. Unfortunately I need medium coverage at the moment, but this sounds good for when my skin really clears up (and it will, dammit!). Thanks for the feedback!

I'm using this again.

For some reason I decided to wear foundation again yesterday, and my husband complimented me all day long on how good I looked.:)

What really sucks is Almay only thought of lighter skinned people when making this. Its extremely rare that a founation or powder is too light for me. Heck I'm only in the c's with MAC - but almay's medium was too light. I love almay but - sigh - can't wear it.

I'm using this again (after not wearing it for a few months) since I can't seem to really find an spf moisturizer that I love. I'm using this for the sunscreen since it really is like a tinted moisturizer.

Man, I'm amazed anyone can actually use this stuff. I bought it on a whim and watched as it changed from white to bright orange on my face. I looked like an oompa-loompa. Can't comment much on texture, coverage, and staying power, as I immediately washed it off. :)

it am EXTREMELY pale and it worked for me. combined with my physician's formula powder, it has pretty nice medium coverage. and it really helps blend my concealer too.