Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since it is summer and i love to be outside how will accutane affect my ability to be in the sun?

and how does one cope with this?

I know it makes you very sensitive to the sun but is it possible that i can still go out with strong sunblock? for at least 2 hours?

what about swimming?

Use lots of sunblock... High spf.

Don't stay in the sun to long you can still sun burn even if you put on sunscreen.

Don't try and go tanning on tane.... About swimming you could probably get away with if you use a water proof sunblock all over or use an indoor pool.

You guys really get burnt?? lol im in the sun 5 days a week because of my job and i dont get burnt...just a little red..and the next day its back to normal

You guys really get burnt?? lol im in the sun 5 days a week because of my job and i dont get burnt...just a little red..and the next day its back to normal

Are you using a sunblock?

I'm very fair and burn easily anyway.

When i started off accutane the first month and a half my skin had no problem with the sun... eventually i realised around month 3 i said to myslef "Shit, i have to stay indoors now".... my skin texture had completely changed and going out for a walk in the park during the day was no longer an option anymore!

All it comes down to is your skin type, how your skin reacts by taking the medication and most obviously your dosage (some1 with 20mgz wont experience as much or as quickly the side-effects as another person who's taking 80mgz... )

It sucks... but hopefully ill be able to go out and get a nice tan once all this is over.