Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneWar

Moisturizing: Good or bad?

Is it good to moisturize while on Accutane? By moisturizing, won't we just be bringing back the oil to the skin, whilst the Accutane tries to reduce the oil?

Is it good to moisturize while on Accutane? By moisturizing, won't we just be bringing back the oil to the skin, whilst the Accutane tries to reduce the oil?

Hm, maybe accutane would have worked better for me if I moisturised then?

Hm, maybe accutane would have worked better for me if I moisturized then?

Didn't your derm tell you to moisturize??

Hm, maybe accutane would have worked better for me if I moisturized then?

Didn't your derm tell you to moisturize??

Actually, not moisturizing causes your skin to produce more oil.. When your skin is too dry it produces MORE oil to compensate.. Also, moisturized skin heals better and faster than dried out skin - that is a fact.

I also noticed that if I moisturize everyday, my face tends to get oily.

Now I only moisturize when my face is starting to feel or get dry.. (only started doing this a few days ago and my face doesn't seem oily, maybe very little.. but not as much as when i moisturize everyday)

I moisturised last night, and today my face feels really greasy. :|

Maybe the moisturiser I use is too much and I want something less moisturising. I have Eucerin with 5% Urea. It works well when your skin is really dry, but if it's only slightly dry or for every day moisturising, I think it's too much.

Bear in mind, folks, that there are many different types of oil out there, and not all of them clog pores. Emu oil is supposedly noncomedogenic, while humen sebum is what causes acne in the first place. The oils and moisturizers contained in a lotion may or may not clog pores, depending on what they're made from.