Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question about the Benefit Eye Bright (or I guess any other eye brightener...):

I was reading in the topic about using concealer under the eye that eye brightener works like a charm... and I realised I have a Benefit Eye Bright that I bought during a Sephora shopping spree (that place is dangerous!) :)

I have never really used it because I'm not much of a makeup person and I really don't know the proper technique, so I was hoping you makeup experts could give me some tips on how to use it correctly...

Also - is it ok to use it if I am not wearing much other makeup? Would it look too weird without being balanced by a slightly 'made-up' face?

Thanks!

Just blend it underneath your eyes, concentrating mosting near the tear duct. Blend it either with your fingers or an emollient brush...I use an emollient brush (like a concealer brush) because I don't want to tug at the skin underneath my eyes any more than I already do. Sometimes I nuke mine with my blow drier to soften it up at bit. You should blend it to the point that you can hardly tell it's there at all.

I wear it everyday. Regardless of whether I'm completely made up or just wearing foundation, mascara, bronzer, and lip gloss.

Nope...I've never used Revlon. Actually the only drug store makeup I've ever used was Covergirl when I was 15...which turned me into a yellow mess. After complaining about it for a month, my mom took me to MAC and I've been using high end cosmetics ever since. I don't know anything about drug store products....you've definitely got the expertise on that end of the spectrum.

Well, I've gotta say that I've been using my Eye Bright for the last couple days and it really does make me look more 'fresh' and awake.

Thanks for the tips!

awesome! yeah, i use the benefit eye bright too and love it! the one thing is (although i'm sure you probably already know,) is that it's really pink, so you have to blend really well. if you don't blend enough, it looks really weird. anyway, i also use it underneath my brow to pull up my eyes, and it works great!