Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
h20

Natural moisturizer besides jojoba??

My skin has become completely clear, however i only use water to wash my face and aloe vera as a moisturizer. I have found that aloe vera doesnt moisturize enough, and also find that jojoba makes my skin quite blotchy, at this stage in time my skin is getting quite dry.

I was wondering whether there are any 'natural' moisturizers i could use, that anybody knows of??

hi h20,

have you thought. about emu oil? it looks wwaaaaayyyyy to greasy to put on the face but a pea size amount is all you need, its ultra moisturising and wont block your pores. personally i only wear this at night as its a bit to shiny for the day but its great stuff! hope this helps :)

where do you guys actually get all these oils? I'm trying to find tea tree oil.

You know what else you can do? Add just one drop of cetaphil to the aloe vera. I find that aloe vera doesn't moisturize enough and cetaphil was too greasy, so adding just one drop was enough, the spread is good and it doesn't leave your face feeling stretched as the aloe vera does does.

Hope that helps

tea tree oil on its own is not a moisturiser, but again its a great anti bacterial spot treatment. i live in australia so with our abundance of emus its not hard to find emu oil here ;) however i think most people in other countries order online. have you tried any health food shops? they often stock it or maybe they could order some in for you?

where do you guys actually get all these oils? I'm trying to find tea tree oil.

I can only find emu oil online. Jojoba, grapeseed, and tea tree oil you can typically find in health food stores. You can find tea tree oil almost everywhere. I've seen it at Wal-Mart and Walgreens even.

Thanks for the ideas, my main thought was just to add alittle of something to my aloe vera, i just wasnt sure what. I would only be moisturizing afew times a week however.