Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oceanmist

anyone done a liver flush?

my bowels are finally getting regular now... which means i can attempt a liver flush if i want to. ive read over all the steps on curezone and everything... but the whole process with epsom salts and olive oil scare me to death. also... the idea of injesting olive oil freaks me out... since.. well its like a pound of oil... and considering i am dosing a lot on my omega-3s ... the olive oil will whack me outta balance...

any tips/advice would be much appreciated!

To be frank, they do kind of suck, but you don't need to be afraid of them. My best advice is to have some ginger tea ready to sip on right next to your bed. Sip it at the first sign of nausea, or even for prevention (of nausea).

Honestly, a grain/sugar-free diet did way more for me than 8 liver flushes, but that's me; doesn't mean it's true for everyone.

Good luck!

haha okay.... is there any other way to detox ... like REALLY detox ... the liver without doing a flush? flush is so hardcore. im taking milk thistle right now which is helping i think. i cant take any greens powder cuz of the soy content.

i mainly wanna detox my liver cuz i had blood work samples done and it said i had a lot of liver congestion. probably why my skins heals sooooo slow after i break out.

From what I've read, flushing is the way to go. Milk thistle is fine, but won't "decongest" the liver. Have you looked at askshelley.com? There is a protocol for a "slow flush" there, and also diet tips that can help the liver.

Milk thistle is more effective with some flushes under your belt IMO.

I've done 10 now and I need to do another in the next week or two because I think my liver has gotten congested again from the stress I've had lately.

After the first three, they're a piece of cake. You can put the epsom salts in empty pills so you don't have to deal with the taste, and than after that the only hard part is getting the oil/lemon juice mixture down.

Slow flushes haven't really helped me but maybe I didn't commit to them either. A good way to prep for a liver flush is squeeze lemon juice into a glass of water every morning. ACV is also good, as are most bitter / sour foods. Research is now pointing to coffee as good for the liver, and it shouldn't really come as a surprise as it's the main bitter in our diet and bitter foods generally help the liver a great deal (dandelion greens/root being one example, but most liver tonics have a bitter taste as well).

My advice is do atleast 4 before you really give them a judgement. They've helped me eliminate a lot of allergies to foods that I couldn't eat before (flax, wheat, cashews, etc.) but I've also had help with liver tonic herbs like milk thistle after flushes, fish oil, Triphala to improve digestion and antiparasitic herbs (I need to do another parasite cleanse with Humaworm after I flush, though, as I still haven't gotten rid of everything yet).

Milk thistle is more effective with some flushes under your belt IMO.

I've done 10 now and I need to do another in the next week or two because I think my liver has gotten congested again from the stress I've had lately.

After the first three, they're a piece of cake. You can put the epsom salts in empty pills so you don't have to deal with the taste, and than after that the only hard part is getting the oil/lemon juice mixture down.

Slow flushes haven't really helped me but maybe I didn't commit to them either. A good way to prep for a liver flush is squeeze lemon juice into a glass of water every morning. ACV is also good, as are most bitter / sour foods. Research is now pointing to coffee as good for the liver, and it shouldn't really come as a surprise as it's the main bitter in our diet and bitter foods generally help the liver a great deal (dandelion greens/root being one example, but most liver tonics have a bitter taste as well).

My advice is do atleast 4 before you really give them a judgement. They've helped me eliminate a lot of allergies to foods that I couldn't eat before (flax, wheat, cashews, etc.) but I've also had help with liver tonic herbs like milk thistle after flushes, fish oil, Triphala to improve digestion and antiparasitic herbs (I need to do another parasite cleanse with Humaworm after I flush, though, as I still haven't gotten rid of everything yet).

thanks for the reply. i am curious as to whether or not liver flushes messes u up internally temporarily though due to the olive oil and fasting and stuff. also... what am i to do about all my supplements? my fish oil and zinc are really important to me right now.

is a parasite cleanse necessary first? so I have to take P&B shakes before?

if a liver flush could eliminate some of my allergies... that would be awesome.

alright cool. thanks for the reply ppls! i will do some more reading and write down everything i did... and i may try to attempt one in a few weeks when i have some time off school.

LF #11 today.

I've already gotten out 9 or 10 decently sized stones, width and length of a thumbnail about. Skins already healing up. It's been I think 6 months since my last flush.

Remember to buy empty capsules for epsom salts, it makes the whole thing a hell of a lot easier.

i tryed milk thistle long aog and it caused acne and low blood sugar. Mabie it caused cause from flushing a lot of toxins i dunno.

Guest Stu :-)
LF #11 today.

I've already gotten out 9 or 10 decently sized stones, width and length of a thumbnail about. Skins already healing up. It's been I think 6 months since my last flush.

Remember to buy empty capsules for epsom salts, it makes the whole thing a hell of a lot easier.

LF #11 today.

You must be quite clear now if i'm not mistaken? How is your oil/acne currently? Im going to book some time off for a flush soon to try and rid of my hayfever and any other acompanying allergies..

Guest Stu :-)
LF #11 today.

You must be quite clear now if i'm not mistaken? How is your oil/acne currently? Im going to book some time off for a flush soon to try and rid of my hayfever and any other acompanying allergies..