Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigchucks

Cleanser for oily skin?

What is the best cleanser for oily skin?

I always used eucerin because I have sensitive skin, but it doesnt help with the oily skin.

cleansers usually do not prevent oily skin or anything like that. The best cleansers are those that basically cleanse any excess oil off the skin without leaving a residue or without over drying: primed for topicals and moisturizing. Have you tried Dan's cleanser?

As the above poster said...no cleanser really helps oily skin. Maybe you can try Cetaphil for oily skin and see what that does, if it does anything at all. If not, it's still a great cleanser. Dan's is good too.

how about neutrogena rapid clear oil control foaming cleanser?

has anyone tryed it?

Nope. I have tried a few neutrogena cleansers in the past before, but with no success, they overdry skin for me.

Try some acv topical, it works well to control some oil. Another thing which helped me was milk of magnesia, though the pH is not good for skin.

Yeah, it took me a good couple of years to learn you really just need a super gentle cleanser, topical med. and moisturizer w. sunscreen. The last thing you want to do is overdry your skin with a high ph cleanser. Biore, Neutrogena acne washes, Clearisil...all terrible. Like the guy said above me, cleansers should only remove dirt and oil from the surface of your skin, prepping it for medication, which is what usually gets rid of the oilyness.

I use dan's cleanser and I really like it. It lathers super well and has no nauseating fragrences...but you don't really need to go all out to buy his. "Purpose" is good. Some said it was slightly drying but you might like that. I personally didn't notice any drying effects on my skin. It's actually a really decent cleanser, although some say bar cleansers in general are bad...

I use BP as my topical med...I don't know the condition of your skin, but you may be fine with some plain old witch hazel. Astringents like such can get rid of the oilyness.

Read around the forum to learn a little more.