Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qkrinkle

Post Pregnancy

I have had bad acne since 18 yrs old, am now 34 yrs old.

During pregnancy, my acne COMPLETELY disappeared.

I'm still nursing my baby and want to continue that so my questions are...

1. what hormonal thing happened during pregnancy (i had a boy)?

2. is there any hormonal stuff i can take to even out while breastfeeding?

thanks so much!!

I have had bad acne since 18 yrs old, am now 34 yrs old.

During pregnancy, my acne COMPLETELY disappeared.

I'm still nursing my baby and want to continue that so my questions are...

1. what hormonal thing happened during pregnancy (i had a boy)?

2. is there any hormonal stuff i can take to even out while breastfeeding?

thanks so much!!

Congratulations on your baby boy!

The worst acne flare I ever had was after my second child was born. When I went to the derm, his comment was "come back when you are done breastfeeding." That was 8 years ago, so I do not know if there are now acne meds that are acceptable to use during breastfeeding.

The only hormonal thing that I know of that you can use while breastfeeding is birth control pills.

Congratulations on having a baby boy! :)

I was on a low doe BCP while breastfeeding - I cant remember the name because it was a couple of years ago but I think there's only 1 kind you can take..anyway, I had great skin all through my pregnancy and all during breastfeeding..I nursed for a year. When I stopped that's when my trouble started really.

I have 3 kids. My first I broke out like I never had before: on my chest, boobs, legs, but back, so u can imagine what my face looked like! But with my other two I didnt break out at all when I was pregnant. It was so weird. Of course after they were born, I broke out.

Hmmmmm... sounds like a lot of us have eerily similar situations. I am currently nursing child #2. My skin was the best it has ever been during the last half of my pregnancy. I started to breakout like mad 4 months postpartum, and also started my period at this time even though I was breastfeeding. My girl is now 13 months old, and I'm still battling breakouts, the PMS ones being the absolute worst. I started a low dose BC pill 3 months ago, but it hasn't kicked in yet (other than making me have my period + PMS breakouts twice a month now). I'm pretty frustrated... at least I have a beautiful daughter.