Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wondergirl

Can aloe vera prevent new zits?

I've been reading that aloe vera can help redness and scars, but can it prevent new pimples from forming??? For those using aloe vera, what have you experienced?????

...but can it prevent new pimples from forming???

No, it can't. If it did, then we wouldn't need this forum or any acne regimen other than applying aloe vera to our faces on a daily basis.

It heals recent old acne spots faster. I don't know if it heals redmarks from older acne faster - I haven't noticed anything.

Have any of you seen or tried the shikai facial cleanser?...it and most of their products use aloe as a base. Anyway I have never used it and have no opinion on it - but thought some of you aloe-philes might be interested.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

ingredients: Aloe Vera Gel, Water, Sodium Cocopolyglucose tartrate, Cocoamidopropylbetaine, TEA Cocoyl Glutamate, Cocoamide DEA, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

for some reason, i had a breakout a few weeks ago, and i came to the strongest conclusion that it had to be from my skin being dry and maybe irritated from the winter air most likely, so i started just using a gentle cleanser, and globbing this Aloe Vera w/Tea Tree Oil on my face and leaving it on when i go to sleep, and during the day if im not going out, and it makes my skin look nice when its washed off, and makes my skin breakout much much less.

Aloe Vera is very very cooling on the skin.Its natural so it wont do you any harm to use.

The only downside is ,if you have sensitive skin,you will most likely see that it will tighten up the skin after application.

I have some Aloe Pura stuff myself and its good,but I dont use it alot.